traktor pro grids off after normalization
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default traktor pro grids off after normalization

hey mates,

so i bought platinum notes 3 (which i am very happy with so far) and normalized all my traktor files. while all my mp3s are now really at the same volume (which they werent with macmp3gain), the grids went off just a little.

i suppose, since my mp3s had less volume before, i couldn't see the waveform as clearly and mapped it all wrong by just a little. i can sync those files without any problems but i wont be able to sync them to new ones (which of course i'll grid correctly).

is there a better solution than deleting the traktor tags and gridding them all over again?
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

Turn the pitch correction off in MiK. Thats always been a pain for grids mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

they're all off but it just corrects the pitch amount on some. or is it like a bug that screws up all the grid?
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown

I'm not sure if its a bug or not mate. i guess the pitch correction ever so slightly stretches or shrinks parts of the track and thats what can mess things up.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

so i figure you dont use pitch correction at all? i mean it helps with harmonic mixing, doesnt it?

i tried converting it without it, but i still have the same problem. all grids a little off. there is no way to move all grid by a certain amount, right?

And why would one want to normalize the tunes for playing in Traktor if the program has an autogain feature?

Also I don't understand the point of using PN, is a total scam, it doesn't do anything to the files but normalize them and it's only good for WAVs because if you put mp3s there it re-encodes them, totally screwing the sound quality.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Duttylectric View Post
    hey mates,

so i bought platinum notes 3 (which i am very happy with so far) and normalized all my traktor files. while all my mp3s are now really at the same volume (which they werent with macmp3gain),
    Eek go here...I'm sure there are plenty of other people in the forum who don't know about normalizing so this might help someone else out too

I actually stumbled upon this earlier today
    http://www.hometracked.com/2008/04/2...normalization/
    Last edited by eastcoastams; 05-16-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pepehouse View Post
    Also I don't understand the point of using PN, is a total scam, it doesn't do anything to the files but normalize them and it's only good for WAVs because if you put mp3s there it re-encodes them, totally screwing the sound quality.
    Yeah I never got that either... like you said, autogain bumps up the volume to the peak which is exactly what normalization does, also, auto pitch correction on tracks produced digitally? Haven't those been fine tuned already? On "analog" tracks I could understand it but not something that basically hasn't left binary world. I wouldn't screw with my mp3s at all, there are no auto fixes...

Oh but I digress - if the software automatically "corrects" (?) pitch, maybe it's stretching them which will screw up your grids
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by pepehouse View Post
    And why would one want to normalize the tunes for playing in Traktor if the program has an autogain feature?
    because sometimes the relative levels of different tracks is way different. if you normalise the tracks in some software like PN (i actually use mp3Gain for this) then you don't even need to use autogain. actually i've used traktor for almost 6 years and never used that feature to be honest. a little tweak here and there on the gain knob is all thats usually necessary.
    Last edited by Jester; 05-17-2010 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    because sometimes the relative levels of different tracks is way different. if you normalise the tracks in some software like PN (i actually use mp3Gain for this) then you don't even need to use autogain. actually i've used traktor for almost 6 years and never used that feature to be honest. a little tweak here and there on the gain knob is all thats usually necessary.
    Yeah, and if you use autogain you don't need to normalize the tracks, is the same, the difference is that when you normalize you need to spend some time doing it and use a third party software and it also modifies the volume of your tunes making them sound different to how they were made, it just doesn't makes sense to me, autogain is faster, non destructive and all you have to do is to enable it in Traktor's preferences.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast