Dub War?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dub War?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default Dub War?

So one of the attorneys that just started at my job is a DnB Dj. He also claims that it is dead, and that it is all dubstep (thank you all for allowing me to understand this conversation).

But he mentioned something else, called Dub War.

What is this? Is it, like, awesome or something?

Need details!
    J
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I did a quick google search and this is what i got. A event in NYC and a band from the UK

http://dqxt.org/dubwar/

or

http://www.dubwar.co.uk/
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, that was what I found, but it sounded like it was some crazy movement thing

*shrug*

Didn't know if tehre was some crazy dubstep metal thing going on
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Dub war the band on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujiNiBGEZ2Q

Dubstep Dub war between Kode9 and the Plastician:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZe2ZN3Wh34

Dubstep dub war NType and Artscape
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErgXoluhO4c

And the wiki entry:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Nice

You've probably found it already, but I thought, never hurts to mention them again.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Hit him up and ask more. Sounds interesting if its more then just an event or something.

It's supposed to be an irregular clubnight organized by Joe Nice.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Drum and bass is soooooo not rolling over to make room for dubstep i think!

As for the dub war.. i wouldnt have a qlue what he is refering to -but its probably what tekki is refering to.

Tech Guru

DnB used to have the monopoly on heavy bass music, basically what has happened is that dark garage evolved into dubstep and some people moved (somewhat) over to it as it allowed a whole new space for heavy bass expression. Exactly the same with new Electro/Fidget House heavy bass. Some people because of this declared it to be dead, which is totally not true! In fact its more alive then ever BECAUSE of dubstep/electro. DnB has a habit of picking up on new influences and recreating itself.. which is exactly whats happening now.

Basically all that has happened is that heavy bass music has a larger number of ways to be expressed. All 3 of thosegenres morph in and out of each other... sometimes in the same track. For example Spor/Ewun/EvolIntent also make electro (as Feed Me, Kill The Noise, Computer Club respectively), as well as dubstep, another example is Chase and Status and Bulletproof (and HEAPS of other DnB producers) make both dubstep and electro. I mean fuck some Evol Intent / Spor tracks switch between DnB/Dubstep/Electro/HipHop in a single fucking track!

The future is the deconstruction of genres and an acceptance of multi-genre styles/artists (more like chemical brothers/prodigy) the single commonality being heavy sub-bass rather then Bpm or style.

/end rant

I didn't read anything, but here's my statement: DnB is kinda boring for me, Dubstep is deadly cool. Yeah, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    DnB used to have the monopoly on heavy bass music, basically what has happened is that dark garage evolved into dubstep and some people moved (somewhat) over to it as it allowed a whole new space for heavy bass expression. Exactly the same with new Electro/Fidget House heavy bass. Some people because of this declared it to be dead, which is totally not true! In fact its more alive then ever BECAUSE of dubstep/electro. DnB has a habit of picking up on new influences and recreating itself.. which is exactly whats happening now.

Basically all that has happened is that heavy bass music has a larger number of ways to be expressed. All 3 of thosegenres morph in and out of each other... sometimes in the same track. For example Spor/Ewun/EvolIntent also make electro (as Feed Me, Kill The Noise, Computer Club respectively), as well as dubstep, another example is Chase and Status and Bulletproof (and HEAPS of other DnB producers) make both dubstep and electro. I mean fuck some Evol Intent / Spor tracks switch between DnB/Dubstep/Electro/HipHop in a single fucking track!

The future is the deconstruction of genres and an acceptance of multi-genre styles/artists (more like chemical brothers/prodigy) the single commonality being heavy sub-bass rather then Bpm or style.

/end rant
    bless the bass
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast