Xone DX TSP certified fix trick?
    Tech Guru

Default Xone DX TSP certified fix trick?

read this..will it work? Found this on a thread at NI..

@ - you can run tt/cdjs through it like a mixer provided you are already running a host application with the inputs routed and midi controls mapped accordingly.

@ - traktor scratch certification is not a requirement for using the through function of the software mixer. it's available if you have an input on your audio device.

you can test it out on your macbook by selecting the internal soundcard on the audio setup, then choose "input in 0" and "input in 1" under input routing for deck a.

back on the traktor deck you click on the A and select "audio through". run some signal and you'll see the mixer controls work on the audio.

Now will it really work?
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Tech Guru

i have not tried it, but I would think you need an Audio 4/8 and then route that into the DX and use it as a mixer.

From the vids I've seen thats how it was explained. I don't think the soundcard in the DX will generate timecode response.

All versions of Traktor will run audio if you have an input on your sound card. But this is not the same as timecode, it is just an audio stream with no waveform (no pitch control, no BPM, no sync). If you were to run timecode you would hear the almighty screech of 2kHz sine waves slightly off phase.

So yes to your question "will it work", but will not be DVS.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad