DJ Names
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ Names

Tech Convert

Default DJ Names

So this is pretty much the bane of my existance currently. I've been trying to think of an artist/DJ name for a while now and I feel that everything I think of is pretty trash. I'd totally be ok with a mediocre name but I'm trying to do music 100% full time and become a brand so I think the name is pretty important.

I've tried the silly little name generators which generally come up with horrible names. I have a note book of a bunch of names I've written down but none really do it for me. Sometimes I feel like I'm thinking about this too much when I hear of artists like "Musard Pimps" and "Nacho Lovers" blowing up, but then again those artists are only so big.

I'm equally as much a composer/producer as I am DJ so I don't want an "DJ Xyz" name or whatever.

I'm sure this question has been beat to death but I can't seem to find any good relevant info. What did you guys do to come up with your names and are you 100% happy with them?

tell us something about u! what do use to spin/produce, maybe ur name and stuff...those are facts that sometimes could help
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Just use your own name, or a nickname you've had from being a kid. Those always being the names you won't change in 6 months.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Don't name yourself. First name that is used to describe you as a dj you are stuck with fo life my friend :P
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Haha well my last name is Fisher, so my nickname since I was in 1st grade and still to this day is "Fish" but I don't think it's gonna work for an artist name personally. I also used Funkfish a bit in college but umm too many smelly vagina connotations haha.

I'm sure most of these big DJ cats aren't just using their nicknames.

As for the music I do, I do electro/funk/disco kinda stuff.

How about Coelacanth in keeping with the fish theme? Or DJSomethingFishy
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

The name is not important. Tiesto is a stupid name if you clear your head. And think about it , on a clean brain slate, how dumb it sounds if your friend says "The name of my new band is .... The Police !" horrible. Everyone hates the police. They "made a name for themselves.

Tech Wizard

Just use the pr0n star name generator.
    MacBook 13.3/Behringer VMX-200/NI Audio 2 DJ
    NI Kontrol X1/Traktor1.2.4

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by R3clu23 View Post
    Just use the pr0n star name generator.
    I gave it a go and I got 'Captain Phukzalot' and all lower case 'Spanky Muffmuncher' lol dont think those would be good dj names

Tech Wizard

I go by DJ transient One. and lately its been so hard to even get people to say it correctly. choose wisely I have begun using DJ t. One

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast