Touch OSC

Thread: Touch OSC

Tech Mentor

Default Touch OSC

So I bought Touch OSC for my iPod Touch and have been trying to rig it up with Traktor. I followed a number of tutorials and have it set up like this so far:

I'm running Pure Data (pd) with one of the templates that they supply on the website and have gotten to the stage where I can move the sliders and buttons on the iPod screen and then they move on the computer screen. I then have pd's MIDI Out routed to MIDI Yoke Channel 1 and then in Traktor have my Midi In set to Midi Yoke 1. So in theory, pd should be sending data, through Midi Yoke and into traktor but when I press "learn" in traktor and move sliders nothing happens!

Has anyone experienced the same thing? or know what I should do?

are u on vista or xp?

if u are on vista midi yoke wont work its only for xp

i am on vista and use touch osc in traktor and live and i use IPMIDI
    witch works a dream

Tech Mentor

I'm on xp, I tried installing the setup on another computer as well and with that I was able to get traktor to "learn" the midi when I used my mouse to move the onscreen sliders but then I lost iPod control! Does ipmidi work for XP?

yeah it works for xp as well if you google it you can get a like a trial for it
    not sure how much it costs

all so with midi yoke try different midi outs that might work
    and use the simple template in pure data

Tech Mentor

yeah well actualy I got the ipod and computer talking on both computers (one I had to use a network cable) and got everything going on the PC! so i could map controls into Traktor and everything except not on my laptop yet.... but how can I use my normal USB controller and Touch OSC at the same time without the CC commands overlapping?

Tech Mentor

also, i just used MIDI-OX to try and work out what was going on. I opened theMIDI Monitors and there is a definately a signal being sent to Traktor on my laptop through MIDI Yoke but for some reason, the MIDI icon in Traktor is not flashing up when I move the sliders

Tech Mentor

got it working! and I now know that you have to import the second mapping file through the menu in the mapping section to avoid the cc crossovers
    Last edited by fellis; 05-22-2010 at 02:41 AM.