VCI-100 Internal Space - Sound Card?
    Tech Wizard

Default VCI-100 Internal Space - Sound Card?

Hey All,
    If memory serves, Ean mentioned that there is a lot of room inside the VCI-100. If thats the case, I want to put a sound card inside the thing. I am assuming all the ports will need to be removed from the sound card and placed in the VCI where permitting. Some questions before I start.

1) Is the echo the smallest card out there?
    2) how much room is there in the VCI?
    3) Anyone done this before?

Thanks,
    Joe

Tech Mentor

check the audio2...could be a bit smaller than the echo if memory serves

Tech Mentor

Man, I literally was thinking about doing this to my vci about a week ago. I have yet to open the vci, however not knowing about the size restrictions, I was thinking about using a firebox for the soundcard. Not sure if that would be too much though. I'm definately getting a firebox but whether or not it will fit is entirely a whole other thing. I'm going to look into it a little more ...

Tech Mentor

Hmm, looking at the inside now I'm not sure about a firebox, but definately something a bit smaller. Also, I might be able to get a 1 inch spacer that screws into both the top and bottom casings of the VCI. This would make the controller sit a bit higher but it would also give me room to add an extra panel for all of the firebox ports...I'm just convincing myself more and more.