Double entries in Traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default Double entries in Traktor

hi all

has anyone else got this annoying issue of double listings for tracks appearing in Traktor browser and clicking on one to find the file's missing and you have to go back for other one (or even search on the hard drive through explorer to other locations to find the "real" one?)

am sure it's down to my slackness with data management but does anyone have a quick way to resolve this?

cheers!

daveq

Hey dude, right click on your collection and do a consistency check, this will show you missing tracks etc. you can then remove them frm the collection, problem solved. what i do is in the setting set traktor to import at startup and run a consistency check also. takes a bit longer but worth it i think.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

You really need to get a work flow for adding tracks to your collection, or you will have nothing but problems. There are several good threads on this over at the Native Instruments forums.

But to answer your question.......
    Right click Trak Collection in the browser tree, and click on check consistency. After Traktor has done the check, a box will pop up that that shows an over view of the consitancy check, click the middle tab titled "missing tracks", then select relocate. If you have all your files in one folder just select that folder and hit ok. Traktor will find all the missing tracks if they are in that folder. Any that are not found can be deleted, or located by repeating the process but choosing the correct folder.

Also, a good place to start with any question is the manual. Not to sound like a preaching a-hole, but this is in there. You can also google any question and find forum posts from here, NI, and others with the information you seek. Another good source is the Traktor Bible. Worth every penny!

Good Luck....

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    what i do is in the setting set traktor to import at startup and run a consistency check also. takes a bit longer but worth it i think.

FTW... Takes a little longer but you get no surprises when you cant find a track.

For people using iTunes running Consistency Checker at very regular periods is a must !!! iTunes updates always move tracks around.

One iTunes update caused 1500 tracks to go missing. If i hadnt done C.C. after the update i might not have know until i looked for a track during my set and relocating a tune in the middle of a set is a scary thing!!!

Tech Wizard

Jester - you star - many thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Sorted.

Vangogo - point taken and no preach-iness assumed. Thanks for your time to respond, it is appreciated.

Karlos - yup completely agree.

Cheers all,

daveq