traktor timecode problem ???
    Tech Mentor

Default traktor timecode problem ???

Hey everyone I'm running 2 cdj denon s 3500's with the audio 4 interface and Traktor pro software... I've never had this problem before but i recently disconnected all my equipment because i was moving. The moving process took longer then i expected so forgot the hook up process lol. However in the calibration circle i am getting a horizontal straight line across the circle once i hit play on my cdj's ... i searched the forum and found this "Traktor has detected the control medium (CD), but in this figure the right channel is missing.
    Solution: Check the cabling and check the cartridge connections." but i change everything and still nothing. (Whats is the cartridge connection ??) please help !!! Thanks

cartridge connection doesn't matter, they're talking about turntables. make sure on the audio 4 that the light next to "line" is lit up. there's a good article on troubleshooting timecode calibration problems here on djtt:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/07/2...rial-problems/

this may also be useful:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/08/0...plained-basic/
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

the horizontal line means that through your cable runs only one signal of the stereo timecode signal. Manual told you it's the right one. Thats propably true. When this happens to me, it's always in the cable or in the cartridge hookup, you use CDJ, so its only and only cable. Try to switch it for the other one (from the second deck) to see, if it is cable matter. Also, If you are on multicores cables, sometimes they are bit wobbly at the middle hook section, plug and unplug them.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Mentor

I still have the same problem everyone I'm getting so frustrated with this. .... however I tried hooking it up exactly the way I was told and still nothing. .. does anybody have pictures idk what it is I've never had this problem before