M Audio Fast Track Pro FEEDBACK SOLUTION
    Tech Convert

Default M Audio Fast Track Pro FEEDBACK SOLUTION

Yo DJTT Forum,

A couple weeks ago I was experiencing a ridiculous amount of feedback coming out of my Fast Track Pro sound card. After many hours of research, I discovered that the feedback was due to a ground loop problem. Basically, when you have your laptop is plugged into the AC adapter it creates a ground loop which creates feedback out of your sound card. A quick fix is to simply unplug your laptop and the problem is solved. However, if you are playing a long gig and don't want to listen to the hum of your sound card, then you need a ground loop isolator. The ground loop isolator works just like a set of regular RCA cables and eliminates the feedback. I picked one up at radio shack for 16.99!

Big up's to everyone who assisted in the quest of resolution!

DJTT rocks!
    Duke Slydaz
    DJDukeSlydaz@gmail.com
    LIVE LIFE THROUGH MUSIC!

nice find!!! im sure a lot of ppl would be interested in this.

Duke,

Might sound silly, but man I'm new to the game and went and purchased the M Audio Fasttrack.. I wanted to use it with Timecode CD play.. I have 2 cdj's (Pioneer cdj 800 and 800 mk2) .. DJM 2 channel mixer.. Virtual DJ is on my laptop.. Yo, I have no clue how to connect things.. its not like a simple maya 44 with inputs and outputs galore..ya dig? Do you or anyone have a clue on how to do this?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Kokamoe View Post
    Duke,

Might sound silly, but man I'm new to the game and went and purchased the M Audio Fasttrack.. I wanted to use it with Timecode CD play.. I have 2 cdj's (Pioneer cdj 800 and 800 mk2) .. DJM 2 channel mixer.. Virtual DJ is on my laptop.. Yo, I have no clue how to connect things.. its not like a simple maya 44 with inputs and outputs galore..ya dig? Do you or anyone have a clue on how to do this?
    Kokamoe,

Using the fast track pro, both your audio out and your headphone cueing will be done through the sound card. Check out the m audio sight and download the pdf for the fast track. I think all you have to do is get your settings straight in virtual dj.
    Duke Slydaz
    DJDukeSlydaz@gmail.com
    LIVE LIFE THROUGH MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Slydaz View Post
    Yo DJTT Forum,

A couple weeks ago I was experiencing a ridiculous amount of feedback coming out of my Fast Track Pro sound card. After many hours of research, I discovered that the feedback was due to a ground loop problem. Basically, when you have your laptop is plugged into the AC adapter it creates a ground loop which creates feedback out of your sound card. A quick fix is to simply unplug your laptop and the problem is solved. However, if you are playing a long gig and don't want to listen to the hum of your sound card, then you need a ground loop isolator. The ground loop isolator works just like a set of regular RCA cables and eliminates the feedback. I picked one up at radio shack for 16.99!

Big up's to everyone who assisted in the quest of resolution!

DJTT rocks!
    hey man, i experienced the exact same problem with my laptop and NIO2|4. i even connected the laptop through ups, same thing. i solve this by plugging the laptop in a different power plug then the sound is.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by hi_dub View Post
    hey man, i experienced the exact same problem with my laptop and NIO2|4. i even connected the laptop through ups, same thing. i solve this by plugging the laptop in a different power plug then the sound is.
    I never even thought about that being a problem! Good heads up! I will def check it out!
    Duke Slydaz
    DJDukeSlydaz@gmail.com
    LIVE LIFE THROUGH MUSIC!

hi
    The same problem, Can someone confirm me that the Behinger HD400 can fix the ground loop noise too?
    thank u