Are there any alternatives?
    Tech Convert
    Born in Baltimore, but im living in Frostburg Md, for school

Default Are there any alternatives?

Hey everyone, just got some numark tt200's and im ready to get started in the dj world. It's been recommended, that I purchase either the trakor program, or serato scratch live. I understand that these 2 are pretty much the best when it comes to digital dj'ing but my funds really aren't where they need to be right now for me to afford either. I've heard some things about just needing a sound card to connect the computer to the mixer. When i heard that it made a little sense , but it seemed to easy. So if anyone could help clear this for me and maybe offer some more advice, it would be greatly appreciated . Thanks

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by crlandrum0 View Post
    Hey everyone, just got some numark tt200's and im ready to get started in the dj world. It's been recommended, that I purchase either the trakor program, or serato scratch live. I understand that these 2 are pretty much the best when it comes to digital dj'ing but my funds really aren't where they need to be right now for me to afford either. I've heard some things about just needing a sound card to connect the computer to the mixer. When i heard that it made a little sense , but it seemed to easy. So if anyone could help clear this for me and maybe offer some more advice, it would be greatly appreciated . Thanks
    hey welcome to the forum......

if you buy SSL is going to bring a soundcard is call the RANE serato box thats what you put between the computer and the mixer to being able to play the music on the comp.......same thing with Traktor Scratch it Brings The AUDIO 8 DJ...

im going to give you a brief explanation...since the turntable there are not MIDI they can not control the soft with out a time code vynil..that would be (AUDIO 8 OR RANE BOX). in order to get to control the software you need to connect the turtable to the box and the box to the computer is really simple...

Alternativly you can use any soundcard with Traktor but you wont be able to connect turntables to Traktor if you dont use one of thier authorized cards.