Bento needs a logo ! - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Herbstrike, I like the mask. Maybe make the canister a little smaller and eyes a little bigger?
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Now you mention it....your right i was kinda trying to add depth making the canister big, but if i make the eyes bigger the oscillocope will look better. cheers man
    Here's Where I Put My Stuff Remix's/Mix's/and............. Genrally Madness

Sound Cloud :: http://soundcloud.com/herbstrike
    FaceBook :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HerbSt...2547446?ref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    I think that's Megan Fox's thumb.
    Peed a bit. You're so right. Saw her and her toe-thumbs while they were filming transformers 2. She's amazing, and her toe-thumbs are too.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Mentor

a bit of a side note on logos. A logo should be able to be inverted and be able to be one color. So if it has multiple colors and transparencies, it's not a good logo. The best logos are single color. This is because if you wanted to make t-shirts, or stitch things, or make engravings (which I am assuming you don't, but this is none the less the rule of design) it's impossible to do so, if you have transparency, lots of colors, and so forth.

Therefore, Bento, Keep it simple. I'm not dogging what you want, but the skull thing is played out. It has been for years. I use to do work for my chemical romance, and i swear i've never seen sooo many skulls.

I would say pick a classic typeface, and draw the logo from there. Maybe extend the t, or integrate it with a simple mark, to create a logotype (a mark (symbol, picture, marking) and typography).

Good luck with your logo. Designing something for yourself, is rather difficult.

Tech Guru

Hmm... what do you guys think about something simple. The ocillioscope, along with playing around with massive gave me the idea.

Basically it would just be his name, printed along the line of the ocillioscope. The ocillioscope would bend to form the N's in his name

___BeNtoSaN___

Obviously the N's would have to be centered on the line, but it could be a cool effect maybe Would kinda look like a saw wave (although thats not super popular in DnB).

It could be left as just the waves and the line, or it could be tied into a larger image. I think the name would be cool enough.

Unfortunatly my vector graphic skills are limited. I guess I could mock somthing up in inkscape. Anyone else is free to crack at it though.

mechanical fun font on that site is cool, using that and some silhouettes of mechs i found on google i created this for me

sorry bento i know it's not much help to you but this thread got me thinking and i wanted to share

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

Getting on this now! Bento sent you a PM

Tech Mentor

Just spent some time working on this, let me know what you think
    Last edited by CuttaBoi; 05-25-2010 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CuttaBoi View Post
    :eek: nice!
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

Quote Originally Posted by armyofme4340 View Post
    a bit of a side note on logos. A logo should be able to be inverted and be able to be one color. So if it has multiple colors and transparencies, it's not a good logo. The best logos are single color. This is because if you wanted to make t-shirts, or stitch things, or make engravings (which I am assuming you don't, but this is none the less the rule of design) it's impossible to do so, if you have transparency, lots of colors, and so forth.

Therefore, Bento, Keep it simple. I'm not dogging what you want, but the skull thing is played out. It has been for years. I use to do work for my chemical romance, and i swear i've never seen sooo many skulls.

I would say pick a classic typeface, and draw the logo from there. Maybe extend the t, or integrate it with a simple mark, to create a logotype (a mark (symbol, picture, marking) and typography).

Good luck with your logo. Designing something for yourself, is rather difficult.
    Totally agree with what your saying here, i really want something really simple and in just black and white, no shading. I also agree the skull thing is played out and for the record i don't want skull, i just used the spor skull logo as an example of the kinda style of art that i like - its simple and yet effective.

As for a font - I am not huge on the one on the picture i put up saying "Bento San", its alright but don't really think it suits the target audience i am going for and is a bit overdone like the skull. Perhaps as the O in bentOsan could be something like an sawtooth on a oscilloscope (considering sawtooths are probably dnbs most used oscillator shape) ?

Quote Originally Posted by HerbStrike View Post
    I understand where your coming from. i still like the idea of oscillocope in the eyes, you? but having a little trouble making a design of my own i have tried before believe it or not for a flyer but it was too visually noisy in b&w, gas mas idea or no? is it too round? im not sure.
    Oscilloscope eyes are not a bad idea, needs a bit of refining though - the copy paste job of the oscillicope probably needs to be redrawn more simplistic with just black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    Basically it would just be his name, printed along the line of the ocillioscope. The ocillioscope would bend to form the N's in his name

___BeNtoSaN___

Obviously the N's would have to be centered on the line, but it could be a cool effect maybe Would kinda look like a saw wave (although thats not super popular in DnB).

That might work, though i have to say that sin waves are quite popular in dnb because pretty much every reece bassline is layered with sin wave sub bass for epic lowend bass womp womp action That said your general punter probably has no idea about sin waves and saw waves and how they relate to dnb at the end of the day

Quote Originally Posted by CuttaBoi View Post
    That is a pretty good effort thanks ! I wonder what the middle breather hole would look like if it was an oscilloscope ? Also whats the lettering over the picture ? I cant quite read it. Thanks for putting in the effort dude

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast