How to upgrade Traktor 3 LE to PRO on Snow Leopard? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Myxin View Post

Now I have installed Traktor 3 LE on Macintosh HD, not in Applications folder. Instalation on Macintosh HD was my last idea, but I still (after launch Traktor 3 LE and click on the Activate button) can not activate it.

:-(
    Why not in Applications? You need it in applications.

Traktor activation will look for Service Center in Applications and it wont be there.

Also photojojo os right. ANY issues with Service Center are usually resolved by reinstalling Service center. Also the S.C. on the Traktor disc will be out dated.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Did you completely remove the cracked version and all of it's associated files? As Karlos said in an earlier post that could cause problems.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yup... it will leave plist files etc .

You could try use the Mac Uninstaller Utility. Its available on the same page as Service Centre

Tech Wizard

Karlos:
    Because the Traktor 3 LE has way to Applications, but the installation of Service Center has way to Macintosh HD. I thought, that they have to be in the same ways. But doesn't matter - I've firstly installed Traktor 3 LE in to the Applications folder and it still doesn't work (after re-installations of Traktor 3 LE and S.C.), so I tried install to Macintosh HD. But the same problem.

After that...
    photojojo: I tried your idea - and it works! and yes, my old cracked version of Traktor is completely deleted with AppCleaner.

So, my Traktor 3 LE was installed on Macintosh HD and old Service Center too. I deleted old Service Center and downloaded new Service Center for Snow Leopard.
    And still same problem. So I tried to launch new S.C. and it worked! Now I have succesfully activated Traktor 3 LE, purchased and installed Traktor Pro Upgrade- also succesfully installed and activated and updated to newer version 1.2.6.

Now is in my country night, so I will be continue with testing tommorow (I also purchased new VCI-100 overlay and green knobs and faders and I "installed" them)

But for today, my last question:
    I have in Applications folder folders named:
    - Library (which includes just icons of Kontakt, Komplete etc.)
    - Native Instruments (which includes folders with drivers to Audio 2, 4, 8 sound cards, and to Kontrol X1. Service Center folder, Traktor folder - app with version 1.2.6. - and Controller Edition folder.)
    - Traktor (which includes Traktor version 1.2.2!!!???)

Can I delete folders Library and Traktor (which includes Traktor version 1.2.2 app!!!???)
    And...in Macintosh HD I have folder Traktor 3 LE (which includes Traktor 3 LE app and old Service Center.mpkg) - can I also delete them?

THX for reply

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

That's great, I'm glad it all worked out and your all legit now!! I defer folder deletion questions to Karlos though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Well i dunno why you have icons for Kontact and Komplete and im guessing that you didnt spend $600 on Komplete but we can leave that issue i guess.

Now you have a full license for TPRO 1.2.6 you could use the Mac Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of Traktor and then reinstall your new version.

Im not sure which folders 1.2.6 uses that 1.2.2 used.
    If its was an earlier build it would be easier.

If you choose to do a complete uninstall (and thats what id recommend) then you should check for these left over files:

These are all the files that you need to remove to COMPLETELY remove Traktor from your Mac.

Default location on all systems:
    [user-home]/Documents/Native Instruments/Traktor/

Delete:
    [system drive]/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Traktor/

Total removal Traktor OSX, trash the following files/directories:
    /Applications/Traktor/ (may vary, as chosen in installer)
    [system drive]/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Traktor/
    [system drive]/Library/Preferences/com.native-instruments.Traktor Pro.plist
    [user-home]/Library/Preferences/com.native-instruments.Traktor Pro.plist
    [user-home]/Library/Preferences/com.native-instruments.Traktor.plist
    [system drive]/Library/Receipts/Traktor Application.pkg
    [system drive]/Library/Receipts/Traktor Framework.pkg
    Empty trash!

Disclaimer from me:
    You do this at your own risk and this will remove all traces of Traktor so you should make a backup of your collection/tsi/settings if you want to reinstate your current settings.

Tech Wizard

OK, I will today working on it. But...which of the installers I have to install? Again Traktor LE and after that upgrade Traktor Pro installer? I guess no, because will be the same situation...

Just install Traktor Pro and activate with that Serial Number in Service Centre.

Tech Wizard

Done. Now I have to run Service Center, but it is old, so I will install the newer version for Snow Leopard. Can I before that uninstall the old one version?

No need to uninstall just install the latest and it will update the old one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast