What's the difference between TSP & TSP Educational versions

Default What's the difference between TSP & TSP Educational versions

Aside from £100 ...

and how the hell do NI check? do they just rely on the reseller?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

For 1 you need to be a student, you will somehow provide evidence you are a student.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I don't get it.. Why do all students get discount? I mean, if I studied *insert random study here* (or law, or electronic engineering or geography or something) I get discount ?

Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    I don't get it.. Why do all students get discount? I mean, if I studied *insert random study here* (or law, or electronic engineering or geography or something) I get discount ?
    The same reason cigarette companies market "younger" people. Hook 'em when they are young and they will be back for more when they have a paying job. Plus with the networking in schools, bootlegs of EVERYTHING run wild and with little to no income, companies have to do something to try and keep students honest. I used the discounts when I could!

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    For 1 you need to be a student, you will somehow provide evidence you are a student.
    Ok, I should've been more specific. Yes I know that you've got to be a student. I was wondering more if there were any restrictions on the s/w or checks performed when registering the s/w with NI. I know the educational section of the Apple website for example had to be accessed from an academic network - Apple had a big list of IP Addresses to Universities, and checked up that way ...

There's not a lot to stop someone who has, say, a wife who's doing a evening class buying TSP Educational and giving it to someone elses a present is all ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

The software restriction is that it can only be installed on one computer and that the serial number cannot be transferred. Functionality wise, it is full blown TSP.

I don'y know the registration process and how they check your academic status, but there are forum members who are students with the academic version. They may be able to shed more light on the process.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad