So I got a new toy -- NS7!
    Tech Guru

Default So I got a new toy -- NS7!

This guy traded me his NS7 for my two 1200 mk2 turntables and 100
    bucks. My turntables were pretty beat up, haven't used them in a while and have them just sitting there collecting dust . The NS7 has some miles on it, the guy gigs with it every weekend....but man it works great!

My thoughts: its definetly a mix between a controller and turntables. In its case its heavy as fuck! Not something I would want to lug around all the time--- I think other than scratching and having the tactile feel of "real" gear the VCI + Traktor smokes it as far as funtionality and options. The spinning platters are fun though. The play and cue buttons don't have the best response time....the hotcues do. (this could be because I haven't calibrated it??) The FX's are weak in comparison to TP, but the Delay, Echo and the Filters all worked well though.

There's sooooooo much more I can do with the VCI ---- but oddly enough
    I like the set up. Itch doesn't have actual "sync" so you have to beatmatch and the simplicity of the program keeps me "in the mix" so to speak. Gonna give this thing a try for a while. Just wish Traktor/NI supported the NS7 it would a bad ass combo.
    Last edited by haze324; 05-24-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Nice! Let us know how you get on with it.

How's the sound card?

Phil
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

i hope they upgrade the effects at some point. i had an ns7 and thought it was great.
    i really want to upgrade, after owning the ns7 i want to get the v7, with individual deck outputs that FX issue becomes moot.
    i really think that if serato and ableton get the bridge right, they will knock traktor out of the water.
    personally i already prefer ableton over traktor already, so dvs style control within an ableton set would really just kill it for control

Tech Guru

I just wish either Serato or Traktor would provide an 8 channel sample bank like Deckadance does. Cue point juggling is cool and all, but being able to load independent samples into separate banks would be great as well.

Tech Guru

sound card is ok. No real complaints - its comparable to my audio 8 straight to the speakers. Still not close to sound that comes from audio 8 + xone 42. I'm gonna hook it up to the audio 8 and see if I notice any difference in the two.

I will say though - i've been spoiled by quantize and snap mode. Some of the things I do on the VCI an traktor have become such a standard part of my workflow that I was a bit lost at first yesterday. On top of that navigating through itch was different - not bad, just different.

What I really enjoyed was the feel of it. This thing is a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    I just wish either Serato or Traktor would provide an 8 channel sample bank like Deckadance does. Cue point juggling is cool and all, but being able to load independent samples into separate banks would be great as well.
    im just guessing but i think the reason that its been avoided is that there are alot of people who prefer to not have everything in one package for stability issues. if your program goes down, you still have the sampler running independently.

Tech Mentor

so basicly you got a used ns7 + fx for around $600-700 worth, nice!
    Check out my EDM blog: http://lacedwithbass.com/