Best Soundcard for use withVCI 100,Traktor 3.4 on a Macbook
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Soundcard for use withVCI 100,Traktor 3.4 on a Macbook

Just wondered what your thoughts are...all I'm after is a soundcard to monitor decks before bringing sound in as you would in a traditional DJ setup, so I guess I need a card with 2 outputs, something cheap but stable and low latency. I'm in the UK, any ideas? Thanks all...
    2 x Technic SL1210 mk2s, MacBook 2ghz/2GB RAM/OS X 10.5.4, iMac Aluminium 2GHZ/2GB/OS X 10.5.4 & Windows XP Pro both running Traktor DJ STudio 3.4 & Traktor Scratch, Logic Pro 8, Reason 4, M Audio MK149cmk2 MIDI keyboard, Audio 8 DJ with data encoded vinyl, 2 TB Mp3s & about 1500 vinyls

How about an Echo Indigo ?

i got the numark dj i/o and I am loving it man very easy set up.

the echo indigo is also pretty good to.
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

+1 echo indigo being using it for over 1 yr
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

If you're starting out yeah I'd go with the Echo Indigo, simply from what I've heard (plus the comments in this thread).

For the Echo Indigo users, what latencies are you able to achieve?

Tech Mentor

Audio 8
    Thank Ya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miyuru View Post
    If you're starting out yeah I'd go with the Echo Indigo, simply from what I've heard (plus the comments in this thread).

For the Echo Indigo users, what latencies are you able to achieve?
    I've gone down to 2.5ms without too many clicks or pops, but I keep mine @ 5.5ms - 11.5ms depending where i play du2 feedback
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

I don't think the Echo Indigo would work if it's just a macbook since it won't have a card slot. What I use on my macbook is a Presonus Firebox. No complaints whatsoever. I've also used the NI Audio Kontrol 1 and that works great as well. Two are a little bit more than the Echo Indigo. By the way, what exactly is your price range?

Haha, actually I've been DJing over 20 years and digital DJing for a good while, I already have Traktor set up on an iMac with the Audio 8 and I am oon to purchase the Behringer DDM 4000 to tun with Traktor, plus I have the data encoded vinyl.

What I'm after is a middle of the road soundcard to use with my MacBook and VCI100 only for playing out and I suppose maybe some mobile recording. I used to have the excellent Firewire 410 from M Audio but sold it to buy the Audio 8, so all I'm after is a souncard to use with the MacBook & Traktor, cheers all!
    2 x Technic SL1210 mk2s, MacBook 2ghz/2GB RAM/OS X 10.5.4, iMac Aluminium 2GHZ/2GB/OS X 10.5.4 & Windows XP Pro both running Traktor DJ STudio 3.4 & Traktor Scratch, Logic Pro 8, Reason 4, M Audio MK149cmk2 MIDI keyboard, Audio 8 DJ with data encoded vinyl, 2 TB Mp3s & about 1500 vinyls

I've had a look at the Behringer UCA202, basic 2 in 2 out USB, anyone know this model?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast