Lost in this overlay madness!!!

Default Lost in this overlay madness!!!

Hi!

I'm kinda lost on the different overlays available for the VCI-100... I bought an overlay and now I cant find which files to use or what version I actually have from the mappings section. I definitely think this section needs a revamp maybe putting it more organized way. What about perhaps even reissuing older overlays since dj style could vary from overlay to overlay?

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Sure, i just don't know yet which overlay i like the most. I just bought the upgrade kit and i first wanna know which one i want. They're all great
    Maybe if they get reissued and get the bugs worked out they could be a great addition to the store.

Right now what I need is a list of the released versions and what got fixed. A visual way to represent this could help on the forums and pinpoint issues more clearly. Shot shooting ideas

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5691/uvelaysjpg.jpg
    Erase. Stop. Start.

i think this is what you need: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...713#post104713

you have a 2.x overlay. and the same knobs like i do
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    i think this is what you need: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...713#post104713

you have a 2.x overlay. and the same knobs like i do
    thx for the reply! When you say 2.x it means there are more versions avaiable? how to know which one you have exactly? whats the difference?
    Erase. Stop. Start.

there was one overlay for the 2 mapping and now there is one for the 3 mapping.

the x just stands for the different fiexes and small modifications of the mapping without a difference in the overlay..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

The physical difference between overlay 2 and 3 is easily seen in the top right corner. Overlay 2 (attached) had "Performance Modes" in the top right and Overlay 3 has the "Sampler".

And as weltraupapst says, the 'x' is just different revisions of the mapping to match the overlay. The last mapping for Overlay 2 was 2.5 and Overlay 3 is currently at 3.5.1.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad