So is anyone using the SCS3 System?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default So is anyone using the SCS3 System?

Figured I'd dig this back up again. I was watching a couple videos, and it peaked my interest again (and I know a buddy of mine was really interested in it).

I'm just wondering that now that it's been out for a bit, does anyone use it and has still been digging it after the initial "zomg bright lights everywhere" phase?

Here's a couple "newer" videos since the last time I was looking into it:
    [youtube]Vibt6X5oq50[/youtube]
    [youtube]_mhjZNUzSDk[/youtube]
    [youtube]s8_fjdJAQMM[/youtube]
    [youtube]17buq3Ryudg[/youtube]

It still seems like a pretty closely priced alternative to the VCI-100 with a lot of unique characteristics. I'm interested to hear from people who are using it and enjoying it to see if it is a "long term" controller, or something they just have for the time being?

I am tempted to look into one because I know I can get one cheap through bestbuy with a buddies employee discount. (I think it comes out to ~315 for the entire system). And I'm interested in knowing if I should be pointing this out to a couple buddies who are also potentially buying equipment in the near future.

I still think it's a really interesting controller, but I just worry about the long term uses of one. I've got my mind so muddled with all the choices out there at the moment it's hard for me to keep straight. Right now I'm torn between going with a cheaper alternative like the SCS3 system or VCI, or just saving a bit more and straight up getting CDJ's, so all the information I can get, helps. I know I just got Ableton, and am loving it for production, but I'm finding I'd probably be better suited for a more traditional DJing medium.

(And I guess this is in reference to using it as a full system, and not just one of the 3D pads in addition to a traditional setup, which I know is also another viable option)
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

I have an scs3 system and I love it, if you get bomes MT pro it makes the scs3's into an unlimited power controller, there are so many ways you can use this its insane.

Tech Guru

I'm really digging this system, can't wait to have the money to actually buy it, but right now, I need to save for my macbook pro before, can't stand my old Dell Vostro...
    I recently bougth two korg nanokontrol to complete my Oxygen 8 x 2nanoKontrol system but what I really wanted is the full SCS.3 System.

Can't wait to get one

it doesn't look to me like a serious piece of DJ equipment. It looks more like an expensive toy.

Most of those videos above were just... embarrassing? In the last one it doesn't even sound like there's a song underneath all those effects. Plus I'm not sure how adept it would be at mixing songs. Seems like there's too much room for human error, for example if we accidentally touch something, then it could seriously affect the mix. That's the problem with a touch sensitive pad.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jdog667jkt View Post
    it doesn't look to me like a serious piece of DJ equipment. It looks more like an expensive toy.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Imfromthafutur

I agree completely. You can't DJ with those things at all.

I'm still tempted to check it out, I need to see if they have one on display anywhere in my area.

For someone lacking gear altogether, it's a very non-traditional route that is a seemingly viable option.

Honestly IMO it's direct competition for something like the VCI-100. The only reason more people don't use it is because it's so different from the traditional.

I really need to see one in action.

Tech Guru

Follow the link.
    Watch the video.
    Feel the sarcasm.

I caught it the first time around

I just wish more people who owned them posted videos so I could better educate myself. Half the videos are from months ago when it was first being released.

Tech Mentor

check craigslist, I've seen a few going for between $325-$400, and the fact that is has no moving parts makes it a pretty safe second hand purchase, as long as it powers up it should be just fine you know.

Lol neMonic.

I've had mine for about 3 months now. Works great! I really like the touch controls for moving parameters for effects, tapping on cue points, etc. Seems so natural.
    Haven't really tried much "scratching", but as you can see from the video posted prior, it can be done.

It is no more easy to touch a surface and mess up a mix, than it is to bump a knob or slider. You just get used to it like any controller.

Only down side is it's only really customizable through Bomes. And you can change a few things with out Bomes (i.e. in Traktor), just nothing complex.
    That being said the preset for Traktor Pro is very good, and I have only changed one small thing in the preset.

Because the controller is so small, you can add another controller like a midi fighter, or M-Audio Oxygen to map all the custom knobs, buttons, etc that you wish, and still be a lot smaller than 2 cdj's and a mixer.

As far as lasting a long time.... There are no knobs or faders to break off, so probably longer than a controller with knobs and faders.

I think I have seen most of the videos on the SCS.3 system out there, what aren't you seeing that you would like to know about?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast