New SSD/Optical Drive hybrid: Great potential performance upgrade
    Tech Guru

Default New SSD/Optical Drive hybrid: Great potential performance upgrade

I plan on checking into this for sure, great idea and I hope it takes off. Or somewhat reasonably priced at that (though with SSD, it's really a matter of just cringing less lol).

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/27/h...h-loads-of-na/

I know I'll be checking this out for sure, hopefully slot loading options will be available (for those who own Apple products), but either way it's a great options for having a boot drive, optical drive, and storage drive in a laptop without compromising any parts.

Hey now thats a pretty cool idea !

Nice idea, but with the price of SSD drives dropping rapidly, I'm not sure if this is now a bit late to market.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Guru

Very valid point, I agree it's a bit late in the market, hopefully they will adjust the prices and performance ratios appropriately. Either way this is a great solution for people who removed the optical drives in their laptops to accommodate another hard drive/SSD.

Either way I'm super excited and on board to try one (in case you couldn't tell in my first drunken post lol) and they confirmed they make a slot load blue ray drive which will be MacBook Pro compatible. Booyah.