Traktor Duo license, what can I do with it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Default Traktor Duo license, what can I do with it?

I bought an Audio 4 and got the free upgrade to Duo from LE. I went Pro so I just upgraded from LE since the price was the same. What can I do with the Duo license I have? Can I give it away? Should I keep it? Does it expire? What are the rules?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Your license terms will tell you, if you can be bothered to wade through the bumph.

Its highly likely that if you upgrade from a qualifying product, and that product in itself came bundled with some hardware, that the license is not transferrable. ie you can't sell it on or give it to a mate.

However, in practical terms, if you have a valid license key, then it should work perfectly whoever uses it.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The whole issue of selling/giving/transfering whats know as "Qualifying Products" is murky waters and to be honest i never got a straight answer to my questions.

Id hit Registration Support up on this one.

As for just giving software away in general, as long as you unregister or transfer the registration details so that you dont share your login/serial details thats all cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    As for just giving software away in general, as long as you unregister or transfer the registration details so that you dont share your login/serial details thats all cool.
    This maybe true of traktor (or not), but many applications and games specifically state that the license cannot be transferred to another individual, regardless of whether or not you keep a copy for yourself.

So the bottom line is, read the license agreement.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Any Native Instruments software with the exception of Educational Products can be Transfered and sold on. The only grey area is for "Qualifying Products" that have enabled you to make and upgrade in the first place.

The big issue here is that the DUO serial number has not been used. It hasnt been activated and registered so therefore it cant yet be transfered. Not an easy one to resolve,.

You cannot have DUO and PRO on the same machine so i think he would have to install LE again on another machine then upgrade it to DUO. Then try to transfer it to another person. This couild be possible, i have separate PRO and DUO registrations just not on the same machine.

Murky

I'm thinking I'll install the Duo on the PC laptop. That way I have Traktor on both OS's if I ever need it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

You can do that anyway Chris. In your Personal Download Manager on the NI site you can download the Mac and PC versions of Pro.

Just spoke to Marius @NI (cus i hate not knowing the answer to stuff) he says contact Registration Support and provide the DUO serial number. If it is a full version from a voucher (which your is) you can transfer/sell it.

Your call man but looks like it would be fine if you wanna do it.

when can we get the free TP license with the audio 8?

Now. The Supersize deal runs all through May and June.

A lot of units were shipped without a copy of LE (demo instead) or stores have stock that was shipped previous to the Supersize deal. All that is needed to take part is dated proof of purchase that the soundcard was purchased within the deal dates.

I didn't do anything. I just installed the LE that came with my Audio 4 and registered it through the service center so I could go ahead with the pro upgrade. The next day I got an email with a serial number saying I qualified to upgrade to Traktor Duo. Unless someone can give me a compelling reason to give it away I think I'll just hang on to it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast