How Do 2 DJ Sets Work?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How Do 2 DJ Sets Work?

It seems that the 2 DJ set is a great way to promote you to land gigs (i.e. Bloody Beetroots, MSTRKRFT, Crookers, Justice, ect). But how do the 2 DJ work at the same time? Is it just that one can take a break while the other spins? Do each get 2 decks and work with the same mixer? What?

depends on the act i guess, maybe one is better at track selection and the other is better at actual mixing. Maybe they take turns doing a few transitions at a time while the other plans where to go from here. Also they could have one person independently doing effects while the other mixes, then swaping over.

Some Trance Duo's i'm into consist of a producer and a dj.
    Only one of them tours for the actual performances while the other is sitting at home producing.

e.g. Aly & Fila (Fila tours and performs)
    Agnelli & Nelson (Robbie Nelson tours and performs)
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Tech Mentor

i saw a video once on a traktor tutorial disk

2 traktors with sync

i dont know if that's how they do it

i think the artist was speedy J

I'd be interested to know more

I think that might be a smart move, having different members of the duo tour to maximize exposure. I am considering creating a duo when I go back to campus in the fall.

tons of different ways! :-D What me and buddies do is just run whoever's (usually mine I am all midi no analog except Audio(lul) :-D) mix out to an empty channel on their mixer then I cue up my loop an hop between both stations and do my shit, full fade then hop back to mine :-D SUPER FUN, gets EVERYONE riled up when you throw some body language into it. Also EXTREMELY fun when you know how to work together and make random badass mashups that YOU FORGET TO FRIKKIN RECORD!
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

we use ableton and have tons of stuff to do. she usually does fx/samples stuff while i do the transitions and launching.

We pretty much just take turns mixing. Then the one with free time can tweak effects, and get the crowd hyped up and into it. When i'm not mixing, i'm usually jumping around like some kind of mad man, yelling at the top of my lungs and hitting my self in the chest like a guerrilla.

Quote Originally Posted by str8updrew View Post
    we pretty much just take turns mixing. Then the one with free time can tweak effects, and get the crowd hyped up and into it. When i'm not mixing, i'm usually jumping around like some kind of mad man, yelling at the top of my lungs and hitting my self in the chest like a guerrilla.
    thats entertainment
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Tech Guru

Yep, when you are alone, sometimes you want to do so many things and you end up not having even time to look to your audience and play with them.
    As a regular Open Air Raver and/or Cluber I can say that I love when the DJ seems really enjoying what he's doing, and when they seems to be calling you (really looking at you) to enjoy his music with him it's when he get a connection with the audience and we can feel special to be connected with the artist (the DJ).
    That's when the DJ get famous, when he can make that connection happen! From this day on, we will always talk about the DJ who made us feel special and the best marketing tool is made "mouth by mouth"

Man I've gone deep know, it's better to get back to work
    Last edited by V-Hoff; 06-02-2010 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    Yep, when you are alone, sometimes you want to do so many things and you end up not having even time to look to your audience and play with them.
    As a regular Open Air Raver and/or Cluber I can say that I love when the DJ seems really enjoying what he's doing, and when they seems to be calling you (really looking at you) to enjoy his music with him it's when he get a connection with the audience and we can feel special to be connected with the artist (the DJ).
    That's when the DJ get famous, when he can make that connection happen! From this day on, we will always talk about the DJ who made us feel special and the best marketing tool is made "mouth by mouth"

Man I've gone deep know, it's better get back to work
    That really makes sence

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast