cant scratch, wont scratch

Default cant scratch, wont scratch

hi guys, i got a vci100SE a while ago and the right jog wheel has never scratched properly when using it on deck b. I have recently started using it for 4 decks using the new tsi file and found that it does scratch when im using deck D! I have checked the settings and taken apart the VCI, everything seems in order but it still wont scratch deck b, it will search however on deck b when scratch mode is deactivated. any ideas how i can get this to work? It only seems to work on the right hand side of the wheel and not very well then either. FYI i am using the newest traktor pro update and the latest TSI file from here.

Cheers

Chris

Appears to be a software rather than hardware issue. I would load the latest TSI file (3_5) and if that doesn't work you might want to modify the midi mapping yourself.
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

I have looked at the tsi file, even clicked learn and tried to change the scratch section to the midi message the jog wheel was sending, still didnt work, Is there any way to invert the scratch mode on button so that when it is set to on it will be off (i never use it in cdj mode anyway)

Tech Convert

Default Same probs here

Hi,

I thougt it was a failure on my VCI too until i read your post.
    Same problem here, scratch works fine on Deck D and on Deck B it looks like the mapping isn't set up correctly .

VCI-100 fw 1.3
    TPro 1.2.5
    Mapping 3.5

Tech Wizard

Default any luck?

sharkie,

have you had any luck in finding the problem with your jog wheel, ive just started playing more hip hop and its really starting to become a bind only being able to scratch in 4 deck mode!

This one really stumps me guys.

I suggest you re-load the new TSI (3_5_1), close Traktor, start it and close it again. The TSI is long and fairly complex, it seems to take a couple of loads for Traktor to get it all 100%.

Failing that, what computers and OS are you guys on? And are you running through USB hubs? With your full set-up details maybe we can pinpoint the issue faster.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Student

Hi Guys,

Im not able to get my vci 100 to scratch properly.
    Every time i try to do some scratching with either dek it seems to miss the beat or vocal part i want to scratch by 1 - 2 beats most annoying.
    Can anyone help?
    Being a scratch DJ this is realy important to me.
    rjscratch.

Tech Wizard

Default New TSI

Hi Phil,

I just loaded the new tsi and its working! had a blast at my set last night, finally being able to scratch is a big help!

Cheers for the info

Chris