Jog Wheel Not Working When Vinyl Mode On
    Tech Convert

Default Jog Wheel Not Working When Vinyl Mode On

Jog Wheel Not Working When Vinyl Mode On

I've looked over several pages of the forum to see if there's something similar to my situation but i couldn't find anything related to it.

I have 2 VCI-100, one is %100 working. the other one, not that much.
    I cant get both jog wheels (Deck A & B) to work at all when the vinyl mode is on. I cant scratch when the deck is playing, cant move thru the song's waveform when the deck is stopped...nuthing.
    But when i turn off the vinyl mode everything is normal, when the deck is playing it brings the pitch down and up just normally, when the deck is stopped, i can move thru the song and also scratch.

I find this really weird because since i have 2 vci-100, I switch controllers without moving anything and the old one works just fine so I really dont know can be wrong.

This is what I use:

Vestax VCI-100
    Traktor Pro 1.2.4
    3.5 DJTECHTOOLS Mapping
    Macbook Intel Core 2 Duo. 2.66 Ghz, 4GB, 500 GB Hard Disk.
    MBOX 2 Mini

If any other info is needed to fix this issue just let me know and I'd add it right away.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Two things to check: firmware version on both units, touch sensitivity on the problem unit. Make sure the touch light changes at about the same touch as the good unit (adjustment for each wheel on the back of the unit).

Let us know if this helps.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Convert

I checked the touch sensitivity on botch units, both lights changed about the same time.
    About the firmware version, I looked on the internet to see how do I know which firmware do i have but i couldnt find how to figure that out. So if you can tell me i'll look and post it right away.
    What its weird tho its that everything else on the 3.5 djtechtools mapping works perfect, Fader FX, everything...

Thanks AGAIN!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

From this thread http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=846

Version 1.3
    The firmware found in all VCi-100SE controllers that was designed by Ean Golden.

You can tell if you have 1.3 by following these steps.

1) connect your vci-100 to a computer but dont start traktor.

2) Click the button that is at the top right hand corner of the left jog wheel (its next to the filter knob for deck A).

3) If this button's light toggles on and off then you have 1.3 (the same button on the right deck will not toggle on and off.

Here are a few of the changes made in 1.3
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

I checked the firmware on the unit. (the button is the one that lets you sync right?)...well, it doestn light up.
    I also checked the unit that works perfect, that one doesnt light up when i hit that button and still work the jog wheel as its supposed to.

THANKS!!!

Sounds like you have firmware 1.1 or 1.2. These have known issues when working with the DJTT mappings. You can get a firmware update kit from the DJTT store, you would only need one to upgrade both units.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Convert

Yeah it seems like I have firmware 1.1 or 1.2, the weird part is that the other having an old firmware still does everything.

Living in Chile kind of make a harder job to get an update kit. If anyone finds another way to fix this issue i would appreciate it...

THANKS!