USB Device Not Recognized
    Tech Mentor

Default USB Device Not Recognized

Hello all,

Today it seems as though my computer dosen't want to play peacefully with the VCI-100se.

Had been running fine for the past couple of months until today. Pluged the VCI-100se in and didn't detect the drivers and gave me the "USB Device not recognized". I Did some google searching and found a couple of things. 1 the mouse I was using was a logitech. Picked up a new mouse and nothing changed. Afterwards I did a full system restore on the computer.

The system restore didn't work and thus that lands me here. Anyone have any ideas? Is it possible that my computer isn't putting out enough power to detect the VCI-100se?

Specs on the computer:

Intel Dual Core Processor 1.8 gigs

320 gig HD

2048 DDR2

PS: Only thing thats lighting up is the power LED.

Tech Mentor

i had the same issue, i just turned the vci on and off, and it worked. Weird thing is that the sensitivity of my jog wheels changed and they were stuck "on" red. After I set the sensitivity to 1/2, they worked fine and the vci was recognized.
    Check out my EDM blog: http://lacedwithbass.com/

Tech Mentor

Just tried turning the VCI off and then back on. Nothing different. Still getting the same "USB Device Not Recognized"

Tech Mentor

Well, seems to only work on certain USB ports. I guess some of my ports aren't putting off enough power.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnv View Post
    Well, seems to only work on certain USB ports. I guess some of my ports aren't putting off enough power.
    Gotta watch those USB ports, the VCI will need quite a bit of juice with all the lights going. Same goes for hubs, non-powered hubs are a no-no.

Glad you got it working.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Mentor

Funny part is I had tried multiple ports as well before posting. Computer is about 3 years old anyways. Time to start looking at a refurbed laptop.

Thanks for the tip.

I was having the exact same problem, messed around with USB audio drivers, couldn't solve anything.

Then I just plugged the VCI 100 directly into my computer (instead of USB hub) and it worked instantly.

Cheers!