FAQ- Which firmware do I have?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow FAQ- Which firmware do I have?

Version 1.1

• the firmware with the "ramp up problem"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Y509VQVEQ

the jog wheel touch sensor turns off when the wheel stops turning, not when you release your finger.

Version 1.2
    • VCI-100's with a green sticker on the back are firmware version 1.2
    • If you press both "scratch/jog" buttons at once and the pitch bend is disabled then you have 1.2
    • the fourth FX buttons are the send the same messages as the cue section creating a mapping problem

Version 1.3
    • The firmware from the VCi-100SE designed by Dj TechTools
    • You can tell if you have 1.3 by following these steps.

1) connect your vci-100 to a computer but dont start traktor.

2) Click the button that is at the top right hand corner of the left jog wheel (its next to the filter knob for deck A).

3) If this button toggles on and off then you have 1.3 (the same button on the right side will not toggle on and off.

Here are a few of the changes made in 1.3

general improvements:

* Eliminated the problem where the 4th FX buttons trigger other buttons (cue)
    * added midi in functionality to the loop buttons
    * added a note on to the jog wheel in scroll mode

performance:

* turned the filter knobs into double knobs (0-127 on the left and right side)
    * added a "freeze function" to the bottom of each fader and top of the fx knobs. this sends out a 127 message only at the end of the movement
    * added inverted messages to the faders (this allows an effect to be turned on by turning the fader down- not possible otherwise)
    * added unique values to the FX buttons (these were used for direct FX selection- now added in Traktor Pro)

To assist in mapping a user here on the boards created a diagram of the added messages.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1668
    Last edited by EanGolden; 12-08-2009 at 01:18 PM.

Tech Wizard

on my black vci100 the 2 buttons you speak of are called the 'vinyl mode' buttons. this had me confused at first. but i see now that they are labeled differently on other vci100s

i have bought a new "normal" VCI-100 (Black) now in March 2009. does this unit have the 1.3 version too, or does the 1.3 version really only exist in the DJTT Special Edition?

Tech Mentor

1.3 is a DJ TT Exclusive.

You should have 1.2

Tech Convert

Hi,

I've just upgraded my firmware (it said success etc), but I'm not sure if I'm on 1.3 or not.

The C/Copy to C button is Orange when I start it up, then goes green on press and back to orange on second press.

Is that right? or am I being retarded and pressing the wrong button?

Default Upgrading to F 1.3

You are right, can someone give an easy and definate explanation of whether the Firmware has upgraded.

Is it the copy to c button on the current overlays that Ean is talking about? Mine on the left goes to green on the third click, the one on the right goes on and off with each click. Have I been succesful in upgrading the machine???

When I did the upgrade it said it was successful, however there are three files available when downloading F3 update?

Clear as mud!

Tech Student

Default ?

How to fix bugs with a vci 100 v1.2 ??

Tech Wizard

Hello, I´m interested on buying the firmnware upgrade 1.3 ,I think have 1.2,cuz I have the green sticker on VCI-100 box, but I´m sure I also have that ramp problem,the thing is that I wanted my firmware chip to only fix the 4th FX button, pitch bend button,& the ramp problem, is this possible?
    regards.

If you upgrade to 1.3 you get all the functionality of it. You can't just select certain parts of it. However, this firmware was carefully designed to be a big improvement over the standard firmware so you will probably want to do the upgrade.

Tech Wizard

I don´t need that beat juggle function,fader fx´s,
    (quote)
    "added midi in functionality to the loop buttons
    * added a note on to the jog wheel in scroll mode

performance:

* turned the filter knobs into double knobs (0-127 on the left and right side)
    * added a "freeze function" to the bottom of each fader and top of the fx knobs. this sends out a 127 message only at the end of the movement
    * added inverted messages to the faders (this allows an effect to be turned on by turning the fader down- not possible otherwise)
    * added unique values to the FX buttons (these were used for direct FX selection- now added in Traktor Pro)
    "
    all this is unnecessary for me,I´m a registered traktor 3 user and I like the Default settings,I wouldn´t need the rest of the TT functions...just the 4th FX button;ramp fix & the Key button, nothing more...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast