What is the recording quality like in Traktor?

Default What is the recording quality like in Traktor?

I have had a little search but can't seem to find anything about what the internal recording quality is actually like in Traktor pro with my MBP.
    Is it good enough quality to post on things like soundcloud, burn to disk for promos etc?
    Any tips in optimising it?
    General help would be nice?
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Records straight to a wav file. The mix in my sig is recorded from Traktor Pro, converted to mp3 in iTunes, then uploaded to Soundcloud.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Thanks for the quick response mate, nice mix by the way!!
    I'm using my VCI 100se and I'm doing it internally, are there any special tips for the set up or did you just hit record and off you go as I was looking at the NI forum and everyone asks about external recording probs but no seems to ask about it internally?
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Thanks. I just hit record and go. When your done hit the record button again and it'll stop. Traktor will analyze the recording and it'll be in your track collection named the date and time of the recording. Then I drag it to iTunes and change it to mp3. Depending on how you've got your preferences set in iTunes you may have to click on advanced and change it to mp3 there.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i made some demo tracks using the record feature.. seemed to me like the sound quality was fine enough

i'm pretty sure it's loss less...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Thanks for the responses, I'll give it a try later. I'll post the results in the mixes forum for my first mix recorded as a digi-dj!!!
    Can't wait!!!

Just make sure your master out isn't being driven into the red. Same with your recording meter.
    Personally I'll then wack it into Audacity, maybe applya fade out, trim the file if there are any gaps at the start and end, apply some light compression, normalise and then output a wav, and mp3 at 320 and 192. Then I'll have a beer, some toast, stick
    on my HD25s and go for a late night walk (always is late
    night) and have a listen to see if it ready for the prime time.
    Oh yeah, Audacity is good for if your mix gets interupted too, just record from before where you left off and splice 'em together...
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud