Make the track start at first beat (traktor pro)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Make the track start at first beat (traktor pro)

Hey guys... Just purchased Traktor Pro and my new nice controller (1d). When I load a track, it doesnt load at the first beat.

If I move the load-marker in the track i CAN get it to load there, but when I cue/play (cup) it goes back to the very first marker which I guess is a mark of where the track starts...

Any help please?

Deck> track seek.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Deck> track seek.
    Thats actually not a possibility in TPro... (that exact menu is not there).

However there must be a way of loading a track and have it set on a default cue point or am I just dreaming away?

Yes, you can Load your track, set a "Load" Cue Point, then write tags. Close the track, and re-open it... now it should load and default to the cue point.
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    Yes, you can Load your track, set a "Load" Cue Point, then write tags. Close the track, and re-open it... now it should load and default to the cue point.
    I don't have Traktor Pro yet, but if it's the same as 3.4 then in Configuration you also need to check the checkbox to load tracks to the load cue point.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

B33son:

Thank you very much for the update... I completely forgot about this setting!
    Haha - Usually I automatically set this in everytime I install/configure Traktor.
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this is driving me nuts...

I know you can set a load cue point, or a grid cue point, and have the track load to that point, but this uses up one of the 8 available hot cue slots....

At the moment when a track loads, it loads up to a white triangle marker (cue marker?) at teh bottomm of the waveform. Can i move this and save the new position so that traktor loads up to the new position of this white triangle at the bottom?

seems really odd that traktor can work out where all the beats are etc, but it is unable to put the default cue at the 1st beat, and instead loads up a cue point way before the 1st beat meaning i have to move it every time, or lose one of the hotcue slots!!?

thanks

Yeah you can delete the first cue point by clicking on it the number '1' and then clicking the bin-icon.
    You can then set a new hot cue by navigating to the correct beat marker (if necessary check 'snap', top of screen) and drop a cue point and click STORE
    Hope this helps, maybe a little confusing explaination but I think you'll understand if you see the Traktor interface..

Oh and yeah, thanks for resurrecting this thread in stead of starting a new one, if only all new (and old!) members did this..

Thanks for the quick reply but i must not have explained very well or you misunderstood. Im trying to change where the track loads, without using one of the 8 hot cues. I want to keep all 8 hot cues for actual hotcues, not waste them with load points or grid points.

Essentially i want traktor to autocue to the 1st beat and still have 8 hot cue slots free to use. From reading lots of forums it seems this is a feature NI dont for some reason incluse which is really odd. hopefully they do soon because im not going through 1000's of mps and manually setting load points lol, especially when this wates an available hot cue slot for every track. The functionality is there already, i mena traktor already works out where the beats are, dont know why they are unable to autocue to the first one. weird.

thanks

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

A Load Marker and a Grid Marker are types of Hot Cues.

They take up 1 or 2 of the 8 that are available.

You have to set your own Load Marker.
    If you use the Auto Grid feature that will save a Hot Cue but your cue points will not be numerically arranged .

If you set your Load Marker as the first Cue Point you can always use your Hot CUe Buttons to seek position like the Cue button.

Yes, Traktor can set grid points but that is not the same as setting a Load Marker because many mp3s have no sound at the start or a very low volume intro. Traktor would not set the load marker succesfully on most tracks.

As for "not going through 10000s of mp3s" ...... er welcome to using dj software. You gotta put the time in.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast