DIY Acapellas

Thread: DIY Acapellas

Tech Wizard

Default DIY Acapellas

GirlTalk, as well as DJ Earworm say they use Adobe Audition to get their acapellas/instrumentals. Unfortunatly, i saved up a lot of money to use a mac for my music production and don't have a PC! Which is required for Adobe Audition. No biggie, but I was wondering if any of you knew a similar software that allowed for DIY Acapellas & instrumentals with High Quality results - I would rather make my own then downloading them so I can use high quality tracks that i have.

Banned

It a basic concept that you can use in any DAW really.

In a nut shell, you can take an original track and load it up in a channel on your DAW, and then do the same with the instrumental on another DAW. They have to be starting on the same frame.

Now you invert one of the tracks 180 degrees and hit play. If done correctly all the instruments should cancel each other all and you should be only left with the VOX from the original.

There are other variables involved, but that's more to a track by track situation.

Hope that helps

Banned

Also this video shows you how it's done and you can hear it even.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onw8y4st4VY

Tech Wizard

dude thanks a lot, i'm gonna have to start putting that into action. and searching the internet for High Quality Instrumentals.

Thanks homie!