VCI Jog Lag?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCI Jog Lag?

Tech Mentor

Default VCI Jog Lag?

Hello all,

My vci has a slight lag problem with the left jog wheel. The right wheel works just fine. In fact, it came this way out of the box, however I figured there would be a ''break in'' period but apparently not. The right wheel has perfect response when I attempt to scratch but the left wheel feels a bit sluggish. I have messed around with the controls in the back, but these knobs are for the on and off sensitivity of the plates. Is there a way to adjust the ''speed'' of the wheel? I have already toghtened all of the screws (but not too tight!), lubricated the contacts on the underside of the wheels with conductive carbon grease (which really helps with the feel of the physical wheel, but not the response), I have tried this on windows os, and mac, with the latest traktor...and I have tried several tsi's. I doubt it's a software problem at this point. Does anyone have this problem as well? If so, how did you fix it?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by RT31784 View Post
    Hello all,

My vci has a slight lag problem with the left jog wheel. The right wheel works just fine. In fact, it came this way out of the box, however I figured there would be a ''break in'' period but apparently not. The right wheel has perfect response when I attempt to scratch but the left wheel feels a bit sluggish. I have messed around with the controls in the back, but these knobs are for the on and off sensitivity of the plates. Is there a way to adjust the ''speed'' of the wheel? I have already toghtened all of the screws (but not too tight!), lubricated the contacts on the underside of the wheels with conductive carbon grease (which really helps with the feel of the physical wheel, but not the response), I have tried this on windows os, and mac, with the latest traktor...and I have tried several tsi's. I doubt it's a software problem at this point. Does anyone have this problem as well? If so, how did you fix it?
    You mean that there is a hardware issue?I had also the same problem when i bought it also with left jog.I found an old article here and i fixed this with lubricant spray.
    my mixes on soundcloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try this.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/01/0...-on-a-vci-100/

My right wheel's been stiff since I got my VCI-100. Just waiting for the motivation to do this.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I have already lubricated the contacts in the back behind the jogs...this is very odd. The only thing I haven't done yet that has been suggested, is clean the optical encoder. This shouldn't need cleaning straight from the factory though should it? Anyhow...I will try this tonight, and post my results. Thanks again everyone, you all have been super helpful these past few months and I appreciate it. If anybody else knows of any fixes for this issue, please share.

Tech Guru

dude you've tried everything I would. Yeah clean the encoder, and lastly check your mapping for each jog wheel. Believe it will be under the command scratch. Check what your acceleration is. I think for mine I have them at 3 and 6.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

Thank you everyone...I tried the tsi fix again, and the sensitivity section of the scratch command seems to fix the wheel up very nice however it created a new problem (or an old problem, but I could never notice it due to a laggy jog wheel) When I scratch with a steady back and forth motion on the wheel, staying within the same quadrant of the wheel, it will scratch but the ''needle'' in traktor will sometimes go a bit forward or a bit backwards...and sometimes more than just a bit! Maybe I am wrong, but as long as the red light is on (indicating full contact to the jog) and I am scratching over the same area on my vci, it should be playing the same (for example) 3 seconds of audio back and forth right? Sorry if this sounds stupid...I just want to make sure I can get this working properly cause it is bugging me pretty bad.

Also,

If anybody needs some of that grease for their vci, just shoot me a pm. I have a huge tube of this stuff and I will never use all of it, so I will mail a few dabs (this is all you need, and should last for a few applications) to anyone who needs it. Just pay postage which shouldn't be much. It is industrial grade carbon enriched silicone that also happens to be electrically conductive...perfect for what a vci owner would need it for!

Tech Mentor

Oh btw, I changed the left side jog wheel in scratch mode to around 6 for rotary sensitivity and left the acceleration at 0 ..just in case this info might help

This happened to me after i put on a djtt overlay . I noticed it the other day i had a little lag but it comes and goes .Does ths mean I need to crease it all up .
    MBP13",TSP,S4,F1,2TT,ABELTON 8 SUITE,PRO TOOLS 9.(Music Is My Solice)

Quote Originally Posted by RT31784 View Post
    When I scratch with a steady back and forth motion on the wheel, staying within the same quadrant of the wheel, it will scratch but the ''needle'' in traktor will sometimes go a bit forward or a bit backwards...and sometimes more than just a bit! Maybe I am wrong, but as long as the red light is on (indicating full contact to the jog) and I am scratching over the same area on my vci, it should be playing the same (for example) 3 seconds of audio back and forth right? Sorry if this sounds stupid...I just want to make sure I can get this working properly cause it is bugging me pretty bad.

I have the same problem with my new VCI-100. I've already installed the latest version of Traktor pro on my Mac. Any advice would be helpful

Tech Mentor

This seems to be an all too common problem with these units. I _still_ have not found a fix for this and I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun. The only thing that came close to working, was modifying the scratch acceleration and sensitivity on the jogwheel within the tsi (I never could find a sweet spot...and the tsi is identical on the left and right jog values, so I believe this is a hardware issue), but this created a whole new set of quirks I did not want to deal with. I did spend a significant amount of money on this unit, and as always, I figured there would have to be some tweaking, but if this cannot get fixed eventually I'll have to say the vci is a bust. I can do everything I can do on the VCI with my padKONTROL...the main reason I got the VCI was to scratch, and now I can't even do that..lol. I suppose at least I can scratch on the right jogwheel...but the left....there is no hope! I am a very positive person, and for me to be 'down' on this particular subject means that I am at my wit's end...I really have no fix for this, sorry to everyone else out there that has the problem too. All I can ask is that if someone finds a fix, please share it and I will do the same to inform everybody if I ever find one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast