Keeping changes made in Traktor and SSL in sync with itunes
    Tech Wizard

Default Keeping changes made in Traktor and SSL in sync with itunes

What do I need to do to keep the changes to my tags I make in Traktor, SSL and iTunes update on all programs.

I recently started using Serato and I now want organize my tracks in iTunes instead of in Traktor so that I can have access to the same playlists in both programs.

If I update the ID3 tags in the DVS programs will it show the changes in itunes and vice versa?

what if I add or remove a track from an itunes playlist in traktor or serato, will it add or remove it in iTunes?
    Traktor Scratch Pro v1.2.4 Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4gb ram - Audio 8, Torq Xponent, DJM-800

Tech Guru

don't have all your answers but first thing I did was convert all my itunes tags to ID3 2.4 = highlight all, right click, choose convert to ID3 tag. I made any changes I need to in the tracks (ratings, comments, etc.) and the in in Itch I rescanned ID3 tags.

For lets say BPM info I analyzed my songs in itch or traktor then went back to itunes highlighted the songs (or all of them) then I right clicked, go to track info, you don't need to input anything just click ok and the new info will be inputted into your itunes tracks.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Serato is horrible for updating ID3 tags. I use Traktor at home with a controller and Serato in the club I play (because we use Video-SL). I had to bring all my videos and audio into iTunes to properly tag them and then back into SSL. Nothing like that ever happens when I tag in Traktor Pro.
    Von Doom! aka Victorious
    www.isvictorious.com
    Gear list goes here - "It's the carpenter, not the tools"

Tech Wizard

Do any of the tags that SSL and Traktor write interfere with each other like bpm or gain?
    Traktor Scratch Pro v1.2.4 Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4gb ram - Audio 8, Torq Xponent, DJM-800

Well SSL stores the info in the actual Mp3 if I'm not mistaken, and Traktor stores it elsewhere. So I don't really think they fight about those things directly (they basically ignore each other's information database).

I know you can go SSL >>>> Traktor but I'm not sure if there is something going the other way.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GorgeousGeorge View Post
    Do any of the tags that SSL and Traktor write interfere with each other like bpm or gain?
    Both apps write proprietary tags that cannot be read or written by either program.