Speaker help

Thread: Speaker help

Tech Wizard

Default Speaker help

Hey guys, say i bought an AUDIO 2 DJ from NI, What speakers would i be looking to buy.
    These will be used for home purposes only so please reccommend the best.
    My budget personally is around £150 and can go over if neccessary

P.S. The speakers need to be ACTIVE ideally.

Thanks again everybody!

NewB

Tech Wizard

Powered speakers in that price range are difficult to find. For use at home only I would reccomend finding a used house stereo. Don't worry about buying "PRO" speakers. The main diffference between them is pro speakers are built to put up with the abuse of being moved from venue to venue.
    DVS setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DPDJ-101, Numark DXM06, Novation Dicer, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 8DJ
    Controller setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DN-SC2000, Denon DN120X, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 2DJ,

Tech Wizard

Default RE: Speaker help

Quote Originally Posted by djpbe View Post
    Powered speakers in that price range are difficult to find. For use at home only I would reccomend finding a used house stereo. Don't worry about buying "PRO" speakers. The main diffference between them is pro speakers are built to put up with the abuse of being moved from venue to venue.
    Thanks for the advice, but can you give an example of what you mean by a sterio please as at the minute i only have a DAB digital radio

Cheers,

NewB

Tech Guru

If you look, HARD, you MIGHT be able to find some powered boxes for the $300 ish range. I've seen a pair of Tapco thumps go for around that amount.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    If you look, HARD, you MIGHT be able to find some powered boxes for the $300 ish range. I've seen a pair of Tapco thumps go for around that amount.
    Not to be annoyying, but how would i connect the audio 2 dj to the thumps if they have no RCA/PHONO inputs?

NewB

Tech Guru

Audio 2 dj

TRS to XlR cable to first thump

Xlr Cable from firs thump to second thump.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    Audio 2 dj

TRS to XlR cable to first thump

Xlr Cable from firs thump to second thump.
    Although thhis is a MICROPHONE cable will this do to connect the Audio 2 to my Mackie?

http://www.dv247.com/cables/dcs-pro-...udio-cable--90

Tech Guru

XLR is not technically a Mic cable, althought that is its primary use. Most Professional audio gear will furnish an xlr in/out. an xlr is merely a balanced cable (3 conductors) and can send mono balanced info, or stereo unbalanced. Same with TRS (tip, ring, sleeve).