speakers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: speakers

Tech Mentor

Default speakers

would a pair of KRK Rokit 8" be good enough or would i need the sub to go with it ?.....dont these have subs built inside of them already?

Tech Mentor

anyone?

Assuming you're using them for studio monitoring (their intended purpose), you should be fine without the sub. Some producers like to switch on the sub to make sure their final mix is working the way they want.

To sub or not to sub, is a very personal thing...

If you're using these monitors for DJing in your home studio, then by all means get the sub.... it won't sound worse with it

I have a pair of these for the past 8 months and I am very impressed with the overall sound. The highs are crisp the mids are true and the bass far exceeded my expectations. I thought originally about purchasing the sub to go along with these but changed my mind five minutes after unpacking. I find for DJ'ing the sound is perfect. I dont really get into studio work that much but I have read other reviews where users have said they needed to turn the bass down a bit. I would suggest buying a decent pair of XLR cables to run these. There is a huge difference in sound quality over the standard RCA.

For the price you wont find a better powered monitor and besides they look so damn awesome.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tekkon View Post
    I have a pair of these for the past 8 months and I am very impressed with the overall sound. The highs are crisp the mids are true and the bass far exceeded my expectations. I thought originally about purchasing the sub to go along with these but changed my mind five minutes after unpacking. I find for DJ'ing the sound is perfect. I dont really get into studio work that much but I have read other reviews where users have said they needed to turn the bass down a bit. I would suggest buying a decent pair of XLR cables to run these. There is a huge difference in sound quality over the standard RCA.

For the price you wont find a better powered monitor and besides they look so damn awesome.
    cool sounds like you really enjoy them to practicing mixing with @ home. now i didnt really understand the difference between the RCA cables -VS- XLR cables. what is this "huge difference in sound quality"?

Quote Originally Posted by cutflow View Post
    cool sounds like you really enjoy them to practicing mixing with @ home. now i didnt really understand the difference between the RCA cables -VS- XLR cables. what is this "huge difference in sound quality"?
    i second this. ive heard a lot but im still confused about them && i never see anyone use them @ gigs so im a little skeptical

http://soundcloud.com/dj-solus
    -
    Equipment: M-Audio Xponent w/ Torq Software, Akai APC40 w/ Ableton Live 8, Korg Padkontrol

I don't know those particular monitors but generally monitors don't need subs.

And monitors don't have subwoofers already in them; monitors have "tweeters" and "woofers"...not related to twitter or dogs...tweeters produce the high frequencies and woofers produce the low frequencies. Subwoofers are external equipment meant just for the bass. You find them in home entertainment systems, at clubs, in cars, etc.
    Balls of Steel
    DJ/Producer
    SoundCloud | Twitter | Website

just checked these out..not trying to get OT here..

but is the volume knob seriously on the back!?
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Mentor

idk but i dont think that would be a problem anyways

XLR vs RCA = balanced vs unbalanced

if you've got a long cable run to somewhere, you can pick up interference and induction effects. To get better sound on a long cable use a balanced connector/cable.

There was an article on the front page recently on this ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast