Opinions on Color
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Opinions on Color

I just ordered a VCI-100 Arcade, what colors do you think would be good on it? I'm thinking yellow knobs and blue buttons.

Tech Wizard

same thing here man..
    am ordering one.. i want a very funky colorfull vci.. now what color should i choose. i like the glow in the dark knibs so green knobs... now what color the arcade buttons? hehe

I did Green knobs with two yellow and two green buttons (YYGG YYGG), which mirrored the two dedicated effects and the play/pause and the cue buttons. I'll upload a pic if you would like O.o

Tech Wizard

could you pleaze upload a pic...
    i found that tech tools dosent have a lot of pictures of interesting color combinations...
    thanks man

Yea, I'll do that... It's late tonight and I have to dig up my card reader for my camera so I'll upload it after my college courses tomorrow...

Tech Wizard

nice...

if you have a midi fighter would be nice to have a pic of that

Sadly no midifighter yet... Waiting on that too... Well, OP Delivars.

My second choice would have been Blue buttons and yellow knobs... I'd give that a shot, if not feel free to try my colors out. The idea is that the green knobs/faders are a shade between the yellow and green on the buttons. If you keep a color theme instead of doing color opposites it still looks cool but a bit more professional... Crazy colors will tend to look more like a toy (which for $850 I wouldn't mind it looking like a toy).

ALSO! Note that the text on it is NOT blue like some of the photos, it is NOT gold like it would seem in some of the others, but instead it is YELLOW! Which just worked out great as an accent to the buttons.
    Last edited by tyfurious; 06-22-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Tech Wizard

looks really nice...

The green knobs glow in the dark right?

does the cross fader being green its a lot thicker then the black knobs. Does it fell good while scratching or its a bit too thick?

Tech Wizard

to be honest i was thinking about being very colorfull and very toy looking. Just like those NIKE AIR limited edition shoes...

if i was suppose to make it professional looking i would make it green knobs and all 8 knobs white or purple...

funkyyyy townnn hahaha

I personally don't scratch a whole lot, and when I do it's to chill music... So, I guess I'm not that picky... I would say it's fine, although if you scratch a lot and you're picky then I would go with the rubberized (throw in some red buttons and it would look sick). They're not that much thicker, it's more of the feel and also that the green knobs don't have a really fine line on them (it's just an indent). For the kind of scratching you would do on a VCI I would say its fine (as the width and height changes are minimal and they don't feel that different. The knobs do have a noticeably different feel, although it isn't bad).

I actually got a little lucky, they accidentally put black faders and knobs on mine originally so they sent me a pack of green ones... You can see the difference hurr (the height difference is about the same)...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast