Hercules RMX and Traktor 3 Crisis !! Please help!! I have to play live shows soon !!!

Default Hercules RMX and Traktor 3 Crisis !! Please help!! I have to play live shows soon !!!

I used to have a Sony Vaio , it crapped out on me. So I had to buy a new computer

Asus 3gb , 2.2gh intel, windows 7, Traktor 3.2 , and Hercules RMX 10ms latency.

My old computer was nothing special. Under 1gb , Windows XP , don't remember the gh.. I'm not very techy. Had it running 21ms latency.

But here's the problem I'm having..
    On the old computer, the hercules sounded great, traktor ran fine, and sounded good weather using 1/4" or RCA outputs..

Now, traktor runs fine, sounds good out of the headphones, but the output sounds a little distorted - especially in the low end. If I use an aux cord from the headphone jack and plug it into my speakers everything sounds just as clear as they do through the headphones.. But when I use the 1/4" out of either output 1 or 2 , it sounds just a little crackly and rough.. Output 3 isn't as bad, but still not as clear as out of the headphone jack. I tried lowering latency, and other settings, but it just sounds a little distorted.

What could be the problemo?? I have 3 big shows coming up, first being June 19th - and I'm a little freaked out that I can't figure this out. I need this new setup to sound clean..

PLEASE HELP !!!!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

have you tried looking for new drivers?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The Windows drivers were changed last month, but I'm not sure the changes would really affect you unless your drivers are a couple of versions older.

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php...&pid=215&cid=1

Changes :

- Added support for DJ Console Mk4
    - USB traffic optimization.
    - Minor bug fixes in the MIDI driver.
    looks to be some good FAQ articles that might help you out up there to.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Let's try few things:

- Using the Rmx as a soundcard and using something other than Traktor (WMP or iTunes for example), does it sound the same (i.e. not clean)?

- If you lightly move the jack cables, does it seem to make more noise ?

- Have you tried different cables ?

If the problem only seems to be in Traktor,

- The difference in OS (XP Vs 7) and hardware (multicore processor, memory) could make a difference on the way the audio engine reacts (as T3 was never optimized for these more recent system, although the last update was 3.4.1) .

- Did you look at enabling/disabling some settings?

- Limiter
    - Time stretch quality
    The Phat One

Quote Originally Posted by DJ OnDelay View Post
    I tried lowering latency, and other settings, but it just sounds a little distorted.
    From my experience, lowering the for my pc made it sound more distorted then it was, try highering the latency, I think you might've probably tried it, but I thought I'd mention