2 DJs 1 laptop Traktor - External HDDs
    Tech Wizard

Default 2 DJs 1 laptop Traktor - External HDDs

is it possible for 2 DJs to play off the same laptop with 1 using an external HDD in traktor? it looks like a bit of a nightmare - it's incredibly easy with SSL so I'm wondering if I'm missing something?

It's really noddy.

You plug the drive in and you can navigate to the tunes from the browser - not sure about bpm/grid/data - a mates Hercules died (everytime he plugged it into the browser there was a horrible buzzing - fucked power supply) so he lifted a load of tunes to a USB stick and had a crash course in Traktor, then proceeded to smash it
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Wizard

thanks mate - does anyone know if there's a way of putting your collection.nml file or suchlike on the stick/drive so you get cue points/grid etc?

i guess it should work as long as the path of your external hdd is the same
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

The exact process escapes me at the moment, but there is a very good explanation of how to have a "portable" Traktor setup in the manual. Take a look.

It basically involves loading a complete .tsi with file paths, stripe info, collection data, audio files, midi/keyboard mapping, screen layout, etc. from a usb stick. You keep your native Traktor data folder on this usb stick, and your portable .tsi references it.

Plug, import, and go. Clever NI's got you covered on a lot of these things.
    Last edited by PartyMcFly; 06-04-2010 at 10:47 AM. Reason: clarify!

Tech Wizard

it doesn't really help me though as i'd need to effectively switch profiles from my mate whilst on the fly.....i want to be able to just use my records with my crates and stripes on his setup, not to have to change the entire .tsi every 3 records....

Looks like you'll have to keep your stripes on your partner's computer then, mate.