dual vci-100's, only one recognised?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default dual vci-100's, only one recognised?

I have two vci 100's connected to my laptop by separate usb ports, no hub, both show in my devices with the same name, but when I go to midi setup in traktor pro I can only see 1 vci 100 and it states (emulated) after the device name. Only one vci 100 sends midi data according to the miDi icon on the header in TP. What do I do to get two to show up in the midi setup and how do I change the midi channel for one of the vci 100's so they dont both send the same midi data.

thanks for any help

Tech Wizard

Check your firmware version. If you have 1.2 (or 1.3), you should be able to use both, however, 1.1 only worked with 1 VCI. Also, use a tool like MIDImonitor or equivalent to see if both are recognized.

Tech Convert

thanks for the info i have v 1.2 on both vci 100s ill give the midi monitor tool a go

Be sure that both MIDI devices are transmitting on different MIDIchannels.
    If this is arranged, you can't go wrong.

I am afraid that I don't know how to set this on the VCI, but you might have to make use of Bome's MIDI translator for this.
    If I am correct, this has been discussed a few times on this forum. (Please make sure to use the search to verify this.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Be sure that both MIDI devices are transmitting on different MIDIchannels.
    If this is arranged, you can't go wrong.

I am afraid that I don't know how to set this on the VCI, but you might have to make use of Bome's MIDI translator for this.
    If I am correct, this has been discussed a few times on this forum. (Please make sure to use the search to verify this.
    The problem with the 1.1 firmware is that only one of the devices would appear at all. So if you plugged 2 VCI's with 1.1 firmware Bomes would only see one of them, so you couldnt change the channel of the device even if you wanted to.

I havent tested this personally though, though its getting tempting to buy my mates VCI-100 he never uses

If you have the possibility, please do.
    I find a litle bit hard to swallow that only one controller will be detected due to a firmware version of a controller?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Convert

how can i quickly change the midi channel for one of the vci's, in bomes it looks like i would need to alter every single button, fader and knob to a new channel, is there no global device channel translator.

it also seems that i can only get bomes to recognise 1 vci is present even though there are two in the midi in/out drop down selector.

Well... I think that is the only option. (Or if you're handy, use a text editor(notepad) and use copy, find and replace. )

Im going to try it, being that I have two vci's sitting around. I'll launch se in 1.3 & the modded on in 1.2. ill get back to you if it works!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Ill be really interested in your results, I have spent a fair amount of time trying to get that working but with no luck....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast