Traktor Pro to Traktor Scratch Pro Upgrade
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro to Traktor Scratch Pro Upgrade

I purchased Traktor Pro a couple months ago. I have Serato and was happy with it, but now I'm consolidating my setup and since I'm learning Traktor I might as well use it with my tables instead of having two different programs.

How much is the upgrade from Pro to Scratch Pro?

I'm also concerned with the hardware part. I know it comes with an interface. Is it only an interface for two turntables? Can I upgrade to the A8DJ so I can have outputs for 4 decks and still use the timecoded vinyl? Or would I need two interfaces for that?

Thanks for any info!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can cross grade to Scratch Pro and get it with the Audio 8

http://co.native-instruments.com/?id...-9b09103296acc
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

If I have two Kontrol X1's and Scratch Pro, how exactly does the vinyl control work? Do I choose which decks are controlled by vinyl? Or is there some other way?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't use TSP so I'll let someone confirm, but I think your correct. You just tell Traktor which decks are vinyl in preferences.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

You chose. You chose with deck which timecode input controls
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Wizard

Ok, I'm curious..

I purchased a Kontrol X1 and paid to upgrade Traktor LE to Pro. Been using it a while.

Now instead of having Traktor Pro and Serato, I'm going to sell Serato. I'd still like vinyl control for times that I want to use the tables, so I'm thinking about crossgrading to Traktor Scratch Pro. NI will charge me $560 for it.

Here's a thought-- if I buy Scratch Pro from a local store for the regular price of $600, that would mean I have a Pro license and a Scratch Pro license. Then I could sell the Pro license and still have Scratch Pro. I'd actually save money that way.

Would this work or is there something I'm overlooking?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah thats totally possible. You can sell your unwanted Pro licence.
    But you can actually upgrade your Pro to Scratch Pro with the Crossgrade upgrade and then when TSP is activated you can sell the original Traktor Pro.

Traktor Pro needs to be still installed and activated because its a qualifying Product but once TSP is activated you can sell TPRO licence.

This needs to be cleared by Support but it can be done.

Best to unregister TPRO before selling so the buyer can register it with no delays.
    Just email Reg Support and ask them to delete the registration.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Yeah thats totally possible. You can sell your unwanted Pro licence.
    But you can actually upgrade your Pro to Scratch Pro with the Crossgrade upgrade and then when TSP is activated you can sell the original Traktor Pro.

Traktor Pro needs to be still installed and activated because its a qualifying Product but once TSP is activated you can sell TPRO licence.

This needs to be cleared by Support but it can be done.

Best to unregister TPRO before selling so the buyer can register it with no delays.
    Just email Reg Support and ask them to delete the registration.
    I assumed that upgrading would just change your pro key to a scratch pro key and you'd be out a license.

So I could do the crossgrade for $40 less than retail and still sell my Pro key? Hmmm. I think I'm going to email support and hear this from them first before I actually do it.

What happens if I reinstall my OS from scratch and have to reinstall TSP? I'd hope that I can just download TSP and go right to it without having to to TP first.

When you find out what they say fella - keep us informed. I'm in the same spot myself.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by verbal View Post
    I assumed that upgrading would just change your pro key to a scratch pro key and you'd be out a license.
    No mate. You will get a new Serial Number for TSP so you will have one for TPRO and one for TSP.

So I could do the crossgrade for $40 less than retail and still sell my Pro key? Hmmm. I think I'm going to email support and hear this from them first before I actually do it.
    Yes in theory that correct but check with Support as there are some restrictions with Qualifying Products.

What happens if I reinstall my OS from scratch and have to reinstall TSP? I'd hope that I can just download TSP and go right to it without having to to TP first.
    Yeah you can just download TSP.

Little known fact: Every install of Traktor is the FULL version of Traktor Scratch Pro. The serial number that you enter in Service Centre turns the program into whatever it is you have bought.
    The serial number unlocks (or keeps locked) certain features.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast