Broken Midifighter?
    Tech Student

Default Broken Midifighter?

Hey there,

I got my midifighter a few weeks ago, but I'm just now getting a chance to put it together and mess around with it. After the initial assembly and plugging it into my mac, everything worked great, except the first light on the third row was always on.

Using the default traktor pro mappings, I tried to use the button (cue 5) and apparently it doesn't do anything. I tried to follow the reflashing instructions, but apparently it doesn't want to go into the flash-me state.

Does my board have a short? Any ideas? I took it apart and put it back together with different buttons, and tried a different cable, so I assume it's not either of those things.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by icco; 06-04-2010 at 07:42 PM.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hi Icco,

Its could be that one of the clips for that button is shorting to the gnd plane so it is allways pressed.

Check the left hand clip on the button and make sure there is no exposed copper touching the clip on either the top or bottom side, if there is you can just use a craft knife to remove the excess copper.

If you dont feel game to do this wait a few weeks for the new shipment and you can arrange a replacement unit

Tech Student

Awesome! Thanks midifidler. Using a spudger and a swiss army knife and lots of trial and error I was able to find the copper and clean it out. Now my midifighter works like a champ.

Thanks for the quick reply.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

No problem glad you go it sorted easily, I've increased the spacing between the gnd pour and the clips heaps on the second batch so it wont be a problem in future units.