need sound card advice, please help
    Tech Convert

Default need sound card advice, please help

hello everyone. i just purchased a vci-100, a korg kaoss pad 3, an audio 8 dj sound card and 2 mackie srm 450s v2 for my PA system. the reason i chose the audio 8 dj is because all of the good reviews it received, but now in retrospect i'm not sure it was suited to my needs (i don't use turntables/cdjs, my setup is completely digital, like i described above). i'm so confused. i need a soundcard that will allow me to connect my kaoss pad (which connects via RCA ins/outs) as well as hook up to my mackies (which are XLR ins/outs). can anyone give me some advice? perhaps i can use the audio 8 i purchased but just don't know how? i'll be able to return my audio 8 dj if necessary, so if i need another sound card i'm looking for anything up to about the $500 range. i checked out the videos on djtechtools but i still feel unsure about the whole thing.

Are you using your Kaos pad as an external effects processor ? or just for its midi ?

There are several different ways of setting it up, what software are you using ? Traktor ? Ableton ?

You could route the master audio channel though the Koas pad then from your kaos pad to your speakers.

Or you could use it as an effects send channel in Ableton, so the audio goes out to the Koad pad, then back into the computer to be digitally processed some more.

Btw - welcome to DJTT.

Tech Convert

i'm using it as my external effects processor and i'm using traktor 3 dj studio. thanks for the help and the welcome. so can i use the audio 8 dj then? what do i need to do to set it up as you described?

it's a bit of a strange setup you have there. doing everyting internal except the efx.

but with the right cables the setup you describe could be achieved.

if i were you i would buy a external mixer with fx in/out. route the four channels of the audio 8 to the mixer. connect the fx channels to your korg kaos pad and connect your speakers to the output of the mixer.

personaly my buying advise sequence for a digitial deejay setup would be:
    1laptop
    2software
    3soundcard
    4midicontroller
    5external mixer
    6efx

speakers you'll always need.
    organic is the word of 2009
    www.dj-wb.com
    www.readthefuckingmanual.com
    setup: reloop rp 6000, xone 92 & 1D, traktor scratch 3.4