Designing a Midi Fighter Case for DJTT - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

I agree with the above. I think it would be great to have a square case with the ability to attach another case to it. It would be horrible using the prototype to prop a single midi fighter in a booth... it can be hard enough finding space already, without having to accomodate for a long rectangular case in hands reach.

Does any of what i say actually make sense? All night bender followed by a 10 hour shift at work has turned my brain into mush.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nada View Post
    Perhaps a version that you can velcro 2 together easily? Would that be too complicated? I think Ean's reasoning for having a 2 slot case is that people now have to buy 2 midifighters? How about a simple flat pouch on the front for business cards, gum, pens, stuff like that? How about a shoulder strap or carry handle?

If you put MOLLE loops on it and make it in Multicam I'll be first in line to buy one. J/K don't listen to me.
    that what I described with the flap and velcro.. When the flap is down(normal position) the opposite side of the case would have the loop part of the velcro.
    When you opened the flap(loop velcro) it would expose a section of the hook velcro therefore being able to put them together.

Molle loops imho would make the case useable for other things but, I dont see the production of this case coming anywhere near milspec so no sense in that.

velcro is alot stronger than most people give credit to... I personally use my midi fighter in a vertical position.. Im only using it to turn on and off FX in a chain in ableton when using serato.
    Last edited by djfrogstar; 08-28-2010 at 09:18 AM.

Tech Mentor

You know, after thinking about it, MOLLE is a great idea. A 9mm mag pouch could hold a USB cable, a M249 ammo pouch could probably do a pair of headphones, a double or triple mag pouch could maybe do audio cables, there's pouches in all sizes and shapes out there... You could make the entire thing out of Olive Drab or Black canvas, and spray paint MIDI FIGHTER on it in a really bright color. (With dramatic drips and overspray)
    Make it a cubeish shape and put male and female velcro on both sides so it doesn't matter which way it's attached.
    Anybody feel me?

Tech Wizard

im not digging the single case idea, might as well get a lunch pale.

Quote Originally Posted by wasapa View Post
    im not digging the single case idea, might as well get a lunch pale.
    Your sense of size and proportion are off, a lunch pale is much larger than a midi fighter, or are you a Hyperbole kind of guy?

Tech Wizard

no. im the kinda of guy to put a midifighter in a kids lunch pale what do u guys think? he-man? ninja turtles? voltron? i should have room for a fader or two also

i dont think ean is trying to trick anybody into having to buy two midifighters by selling a case that holds two MF. after using one youll want to buy a second anyway...

I never said anyone was tricking anyone ...my point was... what if.... I want one midi fighter on the left of my controller/mixer and one on the right ?
    Thats why a single case would make sense... and even more sense if there was some modular aspect of linking the two cases together if you have two. Velcro is very strong

and actually at the end of the day... pluck foam in a classic metal lunchbox is going to be more secure than this bag could ever hope to be if another dj in the booth accidentally steps on your backpack or bag in the dark.. or even worse his bimbo..
    sorry bro didnt mean to put my vinyl crate on your stuff.
    Ive walked into some chaotic dj booths at 4am with crap everywhere, everyone all spent and jacked up on whatever. Just seems in my opinion the midi fighter is very fragile.
    Id be more interested in someone coming up with a metal enclosure for the midi fighter, I know they have some dust protector sleeves in production.. but the circuit board is just asking to be cracked....

Tech Mentor

Better than a lunchbox: Pelican makes custom cases that come with pre-cut foam. DJTT could get some of those custom made for the MIDI fighter. Pelican cases are indestructible! I also highly recommend the Pelican laptop cases. A DJ's laptop can get banged around in a bag, but in a hard-sided case like that, you could probably drop it down a flight of stairs and into a swimming pool safely. I don't know about it's height matching a mixer though...

Yeah when this thread started I looked em up... and ran into another site that is insane for cases..

http://www.caseclub.com/

Bumping this up. Any news on this? Despite silicon cases I would still love to buy two of these.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567