Possibly a very common problem with the vci-100

Default Possibly a very common problem with the vci-100

Hello, i think that i have a problem with my vci-100 settings. For some reason it will very randomly just freeze up, and if i turn off the vci it will continue and i can turn it back on and it is ok. I was wondering within traktor (newest version) what the settings should be on for the midi, ex: in-port and out-port, what should those settings be set to? Or does anyone else have this problem?

I can not make this problem happen, it just randomly will happen. Please help

i am running vci-100 arcade mod, newest firmware
    windows 7
    4gb ram
    intel cor i3 2.8ghz

i have also had thse problems on my old hp laptop.. both running windows 7
    Last edited by Barone.Nick; 06-09-2010 at 12:16 AM.

Tech Mentor

Hmm, possibly make sure there is no conflict between your devices? Make sure you've selected the vci's in port for in, and the vci's out port for out and make sure no other device shares this input or output. How long does it work for before it turns off ? Does it power down completely or just stop being responsive? ...could also just be a windows 7 issue. 64 or 32 bit?

Make sure you have a quality cable. I had the same problem when I used a bad cable, but got it fixed when I bought a new better cable.
    13"MBP - VCI-100B - M-audio oxygen 8 - Maschine - Midi Fighter[DEAD] - Audio2Dj - KRK RP8

Quote Originally Posted by Barone.Nick View Post
    Hello, i think that i have a problem with my vci-100 settings. For some reason it will very randomly just freeze up, and if i turn off the vci it will continue and i can turn it back on and it is ok. I was wondering within traktor (newest version) what the settings should be on for the midi, ex: in-port and out-port, what should those settings be set to? Or does anyone else have this problem?

I can not make this problem happen, it just randomly will happen. Please help

i am running vci-100 arcade mod, newest firmware
    windows 7
    4gb ram
    intel cor i3 2.8ghz

i have also had thse problems on my old hp laptop.. both running windows 7
    I'm having the exact same problem... Using Traktor Pro 1.25, Windows 7. I just upgraded my firmware to version 1.3 and it's all working perfectly but sometimes Traktor just randomly freezes and i have to turn the VCI off and on again to make it work...

I had the same problem in Traktor 3 a couple years ago. As a couple people have already stated, a new USB cable fixed it.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer