Traktor bug when shortening loop & phase syncing

Default Traktor bug when shortening loop & phase syncing

I think I found a bug in Traktor where a track will break out of a loop when shortening the loop and phase syncing at the same time. It looks like Traktor will sometimes sync up the track to a position outside of the loop area. This will cause the track to continue to play... not the end of the world, but it's not the effect you want.

Anyone else experienced this? Any workarounds?

I'm still using Traktor 3.4 btw.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

yeah i have noticed that on every traktor version i have used

Think about it, its impossible to have a phase sync once you get to a loop smaller than a certain point. Because once the loop is small enough it will go out of phase to the rest of the music, so i wouldnt exactly call it a bug personally. The workaround is not having sync on when you want to make your loops that short.

I supose the best work around would be to force traktor to turn phase sync off when you drop the loop in the first place, then turn it back on again once you disengange the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Think about it, its impossible to have a phase sync once you get to a loop smaller than a certain point. Because once the loop is small enough it will go out of phase to the rest of the music...
    Well... the looping should override the phase sync. In other words, if you're looping a track and you try to phase sync and the sync results in positioning outside of the loop... then the phase sync shouldn't be performed. If you're looping, you're looping.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I supose the best work around would be to force traktor to turn phase sync off when you drop the loop in the first place, then turn it back on again once you disengange the loop.
    Yes, I thought of this, but I actually really like the effect of shortening and lengthening but keeping the loop phase synced.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Think about it, its impossible to have a phase sync once you get to a loop smaller than a certain point. Because once the loop is small enough it will go out of phase to the rest of the music, so i wouldnt exactly call it a bug personally. The workaround is not having sync on when you want to make your loops that short.