Shopping: decisions.
    Tech Wizard

Default Shopping: decisions.

So. I have found myself with a budget of £400 to get a great setup.

I already have a padKontrol which i use for cue points and a m-audio fast track for audio I/O. Im looking for a solution to give me control of transport, mixing and effects.

There are several things i have to consider. Firstly i'm going to university come october, so portability is an issue. Secondly i'm going to be (hopefully) using this in a club environment.

I have two ideas so far.

Option 1:

External mixer, such as the Reloop RMX20 BlackFire Edition

Midi controller for effects and transport, im thinking of the new faderfox DX3 or a pair of EKS XP5's

The idea being, when i go to clubs i will use their mixer.

Option 2:

Get the much tried and tested Vestax VCI-100.

Very portable and great for home use. But when i get into the club i face a choice of internal mixing mode or hooking up to their mixer for the benefits of external mixing, but have a crossfader and two volume faders that are sitting there unused.

Delicious decisions....

What would be better, or can anyone think of something completely different that would suit me?

Thanks, Dups.

i knew vci 100 would crop up in somewhere in there

i vote option 2

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    i knew vci 100 would crop up in somewhere in there

i vote option 2
    I have to admit, the DJTT special edition is really tempting, plus i would be supporting a great website. Just a shame about having to pay shipping to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dups View Post
    I have to admit, the DJTT special edition is really tempting, plus i would be supporting a great website. Just a shame about having to pay shipping to the UK.
    You can find someone on the buy/sell boards who has already taken the pain of the import costs and is selling - I spot them all the time ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Dups View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teiresias View Post
    You can find someone on the buy/sell boards who has already taken the pain of the import costs and is selling - I spot them all the time ...
    just buy the overlay, knobs and firmware kit from the store and d/l the mapping if cost is a problem? will work exactly the same and still supporting the site then

edit; that works out at $75 (£50 ish) + £370 = £420, as opposed to $550 (£380 ish) + postage/import
    Last edited by BradCee; 06-10-2010 at 03:54 AM.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

VCI 100 and spend the change on Beer, lots of it.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "