Arcade kit is no longer available so..
    Tech Convert

Default Arcade kit is no longer available so..

I Have a Vci-100 with the 1.3 firmware (updated by me)
    and I'm really looking forward to do the arcade mod , but the arcade kit is no longer available
    So my questions are:

1) Can anyone tell me was what exactly in the arcade kit so I can do the arcade mod?

2) Does anyone have the dvd ?

3) What exactly do I need?

4) Can someone post me a tutorial about how are this conexions made?

I really wanna do it !
    Thanks!
    Last edited by jobeats; 06-09-2010 at 06:50 PM.

if you watch the video and search the site you will find all the links you need.

you need wires, diodes, switches, arcade overlay, lots of heat shrink, and the dxf cut file to mod your case, and of course, steel balls to rip apart a $600 controller.
    Digital Demon
    Tri-State (DC/MD/VA) Club DJ
    VCI-100 SE Arcade, Midi Fighter, Audio 4 DJ, HP Envy 15 (core i7 720/6GB ddr3/320GB SSD), TSP, Denon HP1000 Headphones, alesis protrack 16 bit recorder, iPad for samples.
    Studio: Presonus Monitor Station, M-Audio BX8a monitors

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Digital Demon View Post
    if you watch the video and search the site you will find all the links you need.

you need wires, diodes, switches, arcade overlay, lots of heat shrink, and the dxf cut file to mod your case, and of course, steel balls to rip apart a $600 controller.
    Can you be more specific when you talk about wires(what kind?), switches(for what are they for?) ?

Regards

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't understand the basics about wire and switches are you sure you want to tear apart your VCI-100? :eek: If your confident read on...

The place you buy your diodes from should also sell wire. Get some thinner gauge wire, 18 or maybe even 20 gauge would work. Try to get a gauge that's close to the the wires in the VCI. The switches are the arcade buttons. Get some shrink wrap to make your connections a little more professional. Practice soldering with the wire and maybe buy a few extra diodes to practice those connections as well.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't understand the basics about wire and switches are you sure you want to tear apart your VCI-100? :eek: If your confident read on...

The place you buy your diodes from should also sell wire. Get some thinner gauge wire, 18 or maybe even 20 gauge would work. Try to get a gauge that's close to the the wires in the VCI. The switches are the arcade buttons. Get some shrink wrap to make your connections a little more professional. Practice soldering with the wire and maybe buy a few extra diodes to practice those connections as well.

I'm gonna do it with a friend that knows the basics about wire and switches, but we weren't clear enough about what we needed

btw, does anyone know where I can find a good tutorial about conexions, wires and switches?
    I wanna learn about them

thxs a lot photojojo
    Last edited by jobeats; 06-10-2010 at 09:00 AM.