Midi fighter with innofader
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Midi fighter with innofader

Is this possible?

Everything I have read has talked about using alps faders.

Very interested in the possibility of creating a midifighter scratch mixer for TSpro

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Definitely possible, they cost a fair stack of gold though

Tech Wizard

I'm actually a sales rep for Audio Innovate, who manufacture the Innofader. If you're interested in slapping one in a MIDI Fighter, you should speak to Elliot Marx, our head designer. You hit him up at support at audioinnovate dot com.

Wow.... That would be the addition I would be looking for!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Let me know if you have any trouble getting in touch with Elliot.

Tech Convert

Hey All,

This is the first time I've heard of a MIDI fighter to be honest. But this is kinda cool.

I'd imagine since this is all digital it should be easy enough to get the Innofader to work. Could you show me the links for the alps faders? The key is you need a power supply (probably 3.3V or 5V) and somehwere to hook up the Innofader output.

We've had many DJs already install the Innofader on devices which use MIDI like the DJM-800, TTM-57, DDM-4000, and the Xone:4D and it works fine. MIDI controller knobs have a numeric range from 0 to 127. The Innofader itself has a range of 0 to 255 so it has enough extra resolution to allow you to get the full range MIDI output. The MIDI signal itself comes from the mixer, and with what you are talking about, the MIDI fighter would read the Innofader signal and convert it to MIDI.

Hopefully this helps you get started. We have other guys taking peeks at this so just in case I'm slow to respond hopefully other knowledgable peeps can help out and perhaps nudge me once in a while

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emarx View Post
    Hey All,

This is the first time I've heard of a MIDI fighter to be honest. But this is kinda cool.

I'd imagine since this is all digital it should be easy enough to get the Innofader to work. Could you show me the links for the alps faders? The key is you need a power supply (probably 3.3V or 5V) and somehwere to hook up the Innofader output.

We've had many DJs already install the Innofader on devices which use MIDI like the DJM-800, TTM-57, DDM-4000, and the Xone:4D and it works fine. MIDI controller knobs have a numeric range from 0 to 127. The Innofader itself has a range of 0 to 255 so it has enough extra resolution to allow you to get the full range MIDI output. The MIDI signal itself comes from the mixer, and with what you are talking about, the MIDI fighter would read the Innofader signal and convert it to MIDI.

Hopefully this helps you get started. We have other guys taking peeks at this so just in case I'm slow to respond hopefully other knowledgable peeps can help out and perhaps nudge me once in a while
    Welcome emarx! http://www.alps.com/ I'm not sure which specific fader they're talking about though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Actually I was looking for the links which showed the Alps fader hookups to the MIDI fighter.

@emarx, shouldn't connecting the Inno in 3 pin work ( that's how we do the Pro X in the VCI-100)? The Alps is 3 pin; 5V, GND & Signal as indicated on the Midi Fighter PCB.

Phil.
    Last edited by pilmat; 06-20-2010 at 11:04 PM.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Convert

@pilmat: The 3 pin connector might work, but it's possible the power and ground are reversed. In this case the crossfader cable should plug into the corner of the 6 pin socket as shown here:
    http://www.audioinnovate.com/forums/...p?showtopic=96

Another issue I'm concerned about is the Innofader has a 5V regulator itself, so if the voltage is slightly off, the fader may not cut 100% on one side. Whether or not this issue will show up depends on the MIDI fighter internal software. I'll try to post a simple mod soon on our forum because something similar is required for the Denon DX-1500 mixer.

The new Innofader Pro we are working on should have no issues at all. The power can be reversed, and the output is always full range from 0 to whatever the power supply is, from 2.5V up to 20V.

Is there enough space for the Innofader, and are the mounting holes correct?

If someone could test this that would be really cool!

Elliot

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast