Midi mapping Denon HS5500 to Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Midi mapping Denon HS5500 to Traktor

Just picked up a HS5500 lastnight and I'm mapping it to control traktor. So far it's working great. What I'd like to do is use the parameter knob to scroll through traktors song list but also by clicking a button go into the file directory and use the same knob to scroll up and down the floder list.

So basiclly I will need this one knob to be able to scroll song list and folder list indepenantly. I'm surh I can add a page so this knob switches functions from song list to floder list.

Can anyone give me a hand?

Thx!
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

If the knob your talking about is endless it would be easy to make something in bomes midi pro(pc) or midipipe(mac). The trick would be saving the output of the knob to a variable then comparing that variable to the next time it had moved to see if it had increased or decreased. If its decreased it sends out a note message to traktor telling it to move the playlist selection up or down, and vice versa if it had increased.

Here is the link to my tks file and I also included a diagram to better understand my setup. Still have to work on the loop section. Anyone else got the 5500 mapped out to Traktor?

http://www.mediafire.com/?mez1xa8bgz7

Gotta say I'm loving the 5500 hooked up with Traktor, much better then using a keyboard!!!!
    ::: mixing music that feeds the soul ::: iTunes | House-mixes.com | Mixcloud
    "If the music you're listening to doesn't give you goosebumps, you're listening to the wrong genre."

Forget all that. The Denon HS 5500 is AWESOME for midi for 2 reasons. First of all, it's got HID mode, and 2nd, it's got 2 layers + sound cards.

I love my setup for the following reasons
    1. I've got 2 HS5500s, but I only use 1 in midi mode. It saves space and it saves the need for an external sound card. I've got 1 layer assigned to deck 1 and the other assigned to deck 2.

2. I use the X1 with the standard settings for looping, cue points and effects. I could also just map the X1 to deck C and D if I ever want to do it that way.

3. I've got my time elapsed/where I am in the track and the name of the tracks on deck A/B and artist showing up on the amazing large screen on the denon hs 5500 using HID mode.

4. All other buttons and the platter is controlled via standard midi as it's more flexible that way.

5. I use the flick switch on the Denon as a hold button to flick between full screen browse mode and 4 deck play mode. I really love switches, and it's one of the reasons I love the Korg zero 4. THere's such a nice feel to using flick switches.

6. I use all the black buttons for a couple of the crates or quick playlists and I use all the clear light up buttons as cue points. I use one scroll wheel to select a track and I use the other scroll for loops. I also use the 3 effects buttons as the 1 beat 2 beat and 4 beat loops a bit like the pioneers.

The only thing I really miss is the spinning platter, but to be honest I tried out spinning platter on vdj. It just wasn't what I expected. When I switched layers, everything doubled in speed and it was pretty unreliable all in all. I can live with this implementation. While I don't have scratching capability while the deck is playing, all I really use is the platter to find the position I want in the track.

If I get some serious interest, I'm happy to share my tsi file.

Tech Student

Hi

I'm serioulsy interrested in your .tsi file for my Denon Dn-HS5500 !!

It would be great if you could share it !

Thanks !

Ysl

Hi,

Here's the one I'm working through at the moment. I still haven't perfected it yet as it still doesn't feel right. There's still a couple of things I'm working through.

The mirror mix button is the main modifier. It can be used to delete cue points. Also, the scroll can be used to navigate the tree if you use the mirror mix modifier.

The pitch bend buttons are what I use to switch between 6%, 10%, 16% on the range of the pitch slider.

It currently has the mapping for 1 HS5500 on one layer. You can essentially do the same for the 2nd layer.

Hey hey,

So the one I posted had a few too many modifiers. I'm trying to consolidate everything so that the mirror mix button is the main modifier. And the platter /scratch button is the other modifier

I like to be able to play with the pitch control and filters so I put in the brake button and the dump button as modifiers on the tsi I posted up, so that you can hold down on those buttons to use one of the knobs for pitch/filter control.

But I recently changed this so that the platter control button is the other modifier.

I think it'll be great if you guys post up some ideas for controls that might feel right. There are waaaay too many buttons on this thing. I'm happy to make all the changes on one controller and then I'll copy it across to the 2nd layer.

Hey GrooveMixer, can you chuck on the layout pic on the forum? I'm really keen to see your mapping

OMG, I didn't know that existed, club standard that shit.

Tech Student

It currently has the mapping for 1 HS5500 on one layer. You can essentially do the same for the 2nd layer.
    In fact, I found on another forum a .tsi which work with both layer for most basic functions. So I will wait to check yours untill it's for both layer.

Here it is PS-DN-HS5500.tsi : http://www.mediafire.com/?3szbdn5bdrh723l

Ysl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast