wobble jog wheel

Default wobble jog wheel

hey has any one else got a jog wheel that wobbles up and down or side to side when pressure is applied to one edge of jog i have just noticed it on my vci (ardace edition).

noticed it while i was waiting for my set always wondered why scratching on one side of my Vci felt very odd

Are the three screws on the top of the jog plate tight? They might have come loose in transport.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    Are the three screws on the top of the jog plate tight? They might have come loose in transport.

Phil.
    naa they are all tight its the metal bit under the platter that seems to be the part wobble'n

I had the same problem with my standard VCI-100 that I bought used off ebay.. turned out the reason for the wobble was a missing plastic piece in the back of the jog wheel. Check out this thread to see what I've done to fix it: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10405

Hope that helps

Tech Convert

Default Opps!! I'm Screwed

A drunk chick spilt a beer on my VCI 100, the left jog wheel stop jogging. I took it apart and sprayed with Electric circuit cleaner. its showing data when I engage and spin it back and forth, but doesn't show data on Tractor pro. I did not take the board of and flip it over and clean it. Any idea's on how to get my jog wheel working (only the press down works). Please Help

Tech Wizard

i had the same problem with a wobbly job wheel. i literally took the fricken thing apart straight down to its core. about 50 screws later i found that the little brass pin (the same on that you screw the plastic jog on) was a little stripped. this made it so the jog was able to slide up and down the pin and wobble while i tried to spin.
    so the only way was that i took to to american music and sound and the had to order a whole new jog unit. i took it there today and they said it should take about 2 weeks and over $60. that is really a setback for me if i decide to ever buy a vestax again