VCI 100 mapping issues
    Tech Student

Default VCI 100 mapping issues

Afternoon all, I'm new to the forum so go easy on me.

I've recently upgraded to Traktor Pro, and purchased the DJTT overlay for my VCI-100, but whenever I go to import the tsi file the VCI-100 stops communicating with Traktor.

When importing are there any categories I shouldn't import? Or am I doing something obviously wrong? I've watched all of the youtube guides and gone through as many old posts as one man can handle, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Can you give us your system, OS and sound card set up? This and any other info you think will help can speed us up in pin pointing your issue.

From what you wrote, make sure you have the latest version of Traktor (1.2.6) and drivers.

You are using the BIG import button on the bottom of the preferences window, right? Than make sure your in and out ports for the VCI are set to Vestax.

I also read that you may have FW1.2, which is not ideal. You will get more out of the V3 TSI with FW1.3.

Let us know how you get on, there are a lot of us around here who will jump in to help.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Student

Hi Pilmat, thanks for your response.

Its Traktor Pro 1.2.6, running Mac OSx 10.6, and the soundcard is the Audio2DJ. I am currently using FW 1.2 but will be upgrading to 1.3 as soon as I can. When using the big import button at the bottom of the preferences window I'm assuming I select the tsi file from the folder I downloaded from DJTT?

Yep, that should do. Did you set your ports? I've forgotten in the past and had BAD results...

Actually, lets take a step back. Instead of importing the DJTT TSI, run SETUP WIZARD from the bottom of the preferences window. Follow the steps and configure Traktor for the VCI. Did everything work?

If so, try to import the TSI now. Quit and restart Traktor after import (the TSI is large and fairly complex, sometimes Traktor needs a couple of loads with a new TSI). Does this work?

If either of the above fail, how do you have the VCI and A2DJ connected? The A2DJ should be in the USB port closest to you and the VCI in the one closest the screen (for a 13" MB or MBP).

Let us know if any of this helps, if not we'll work on more in depth stuff.

Phil.

Tech Student

Thanks again for all your help Phil, its greatly appreciated. As it happens it was caused by my own stupidity once again. When you update Traktor Pro the newest version goes into a seperate folder, instead of overwriting the original, and as I was accessing Traktor using a shortcut on my desktop it was loading up 1.2.2 instead of 1.2.6. Very unusual, but in the end a very simple solution. Sorry for wasting your time, and again thank you for all of your help.

Bill

It's all good. We have all been there before and this is the safest place I have found on the internet to ask "stupid" questions without worry of getting my head bitten off.

Keep us up to date with your progress and ask anything that you can't figure out.

Phil.