USB Turntables & Traktor Scratch

Default USB Turntables & Traktor Scratch

Hey if I'm trying to circumvent buying a $400 dollar sound card, but I still want good vinyl sound in my digital dj arsenal will usb turntables like the Stanton T.92's work for me?

I'm wondering if they can work with Traktor Scratch (pro) software without the need for the Audio 8 DJ to convert phono to digital. Will I still get the same sound and functionality?

Perhaps this is an impossible dream... lemme know.

Thanks.

the only way the use traktor scratch pro with digital vinyl/scratch control is to use the Native Instruments Audio 4 or Audio 8 soundcard or a Traktor approved mixer. Also, I've used the stanton t.92 turntable and in my opinon it is not worth the money at all. Save that money and keep your eyes open for some used technics 1200s. I picked up a pair with cases here in portland for $650, totally worth it. And just so you know, I'm not a technics fanboy. I tried out tons of turntables before I went with technics.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

Tech Mentor

Default Not to mention that...

If you were to go down the route of T.92's and Traktor successfully picked up a table, it would be exactly that: a SINGLE turntable.

Traktor doesn't support I/O for mutliple soundcards simultaneously, so you'd only be able to use timecode from one deck (IF it picked up one at all).

Default Vinyl Control

Quote Originally Posted by Bampistolwhip View Post
    Hey if I'm trying to circumvent buying a $400 dollar sound card, but I still want good vinyl sound in my digital dj arsenal will usb turntables like the Stanton T.92's work for me?

I'm wondering if they can work with Traktor Scratch (pro) software without the need for the Audio 8 DJ to convert phono to digital. Will I still get the same sound and functionality?

Perhaps this is an impossible dream... lemme know.

Thanks.

Using vinyl control (DVS) will not improve the quality of sound in Traktor. You are still playing digital files. Only if you spin actual vinyl records will you get that beautiful vinyl sound. You may already know that but I though I would mention it...

Just save some dough up and be patient. It will pay off in the long run.
    Last edited by Redlight; 06-11-2010 at 10:10 AM.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adara View Post
    You'll use the T.92's exit output to feed the A4DJ (or whatever your audio interface is). It works fine with any DVS.

Notice the SPAM links below this unhelpful answer.

Tech Guru

Get technics you can ask any dj whos ever played a single vinyl record ever. There built like trucks and have a good resale value. It's like buying that peice of shit beater of a car for 900$ or saving my pennies and getting a Mercedes. That Mercedes will last you a lot longer than that 900$. On the flip side if it's something you just want to mess around with then maybe it would be worth it to just pick up a single 100$ deck and play around. just my 2 cents

Tech Mentor

Default Don't suppose you've got change for a dollar?

@bartboy: you may like to the read the OP, and note the phrase "trying to circumvent buying a $400 dollar sound card".

The audio8 comes with the TSPro bundle boyo.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud