Maya44 Usb Question

Default Maya44 Usb Question

Hey guys, i am fairly new to this dj game and recently decided to pick up some gear and the Maya 44 soundcard amongst one of them. But i had a few questions about this product. How come all the input output jacks on the Maya44 only have one RCA going in/out of them as compared to a Numark Dj IO that has two out and for each channel has the Left and Right rca jack. Im looking into hooking it up into the Korg Km402 mixer, and looking behind the korg mixer theres a black and red rca jack for left and right. This has got me kind of befuddled, is there a Y rca jack that supports both Left and Right from one single output??. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The Maya has 4 Mono-Channels, meaning you get 2 Stereo-Outputs. I'm using it right now and it has 2 Stereo INs and 2 Stereo OUTs. Enough to plug in Monitor-Headphones in one and have the other as Output- depending on how you plan to DJ I think you'd be better of with a Fireface or something with more than 2 Stereo-Outputs.

Default hmmm

Thanks for the response Tigris. Im relativey new to this dj game and I just want to buy something decently price that i can use to support my budding interest, most likely wont be playing gigs in the near future either. I run Virtual Dj and just want to be able to feed the two channels from VDJ into the korg km402 mixer and be able to cue/preview/crossfade/run effects on each channel independently and also cue with the mixer instead of having to use the maya 44 headphone jack if i can avoid it, I also plan on getting a pair of the Eks Otus Raw to contorl the midi side of things when/if they ever release. So if the maya44 has 2 stereo in/outs i should be able to hook it up to the Korg Km402 is that so?..Im assuming i can assign analog out 1/2 to channel 1 of the mixer and 3/4 to channel 2 and be able to get stereo effect, please correct me if im wrong cus im relatively nub and i already feel like im in way over my head with all this technical mumbojumbo..appreciate it
    Last edited by j1n; 11-07-2008 at 11:34 AM.

Am relatively novice in these things too, so I'm not quite sure if I am the best person to talk to. From what I've read here and on DJ TT, there are several other persons who have more experience with the Maya and DJing. From what I know, the setup you describe should work. However: if you want to use the Inputs too, you have to decide which source you want to play; the inputs or digital music.
    From what I've read in your post, it appears you want to do this a bit more professional; then IMHO you should go for a Fireface or something along those lines.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Epidemic

What you need to do is set the outs for the decks in VDJ to Deck A: 1/2 and Deck B: 3/4. Then when you run those RCA cables into the back of the KM402, to channels 1 and 2 respectively, you'll be fine.

You are right, that is all it should take.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Epidemic

What you need to do is set the outs for the decks in VDJ to Deck A: 1/2 and Deck B: 3/4. Then when you run those RCA cables into the back of the KM402, to channels 1 and 2 respectively, you'll be fine.

You are right, that is all it should take.
    Thanks for you help Dvl, when i set the outs for lets say deck A to 1/2 will i also be able to assign which side is L and which side is R? Really appreciate the you helping out a newbie =).