Xone DX Alternatives?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Xone DX Alternatives?

Hey Guys,
    Really interested in the Xone DX, but wondering if there are any other solid 4 channel MIDI controllers out there?
    I know the VSM4 comes out in July, curious to see how people respond to it. There's always the 4D, but that thing is huge (price as well) and just seems like too much to me.
    Any other recommendations?
    I'm probably going to go with the DX when I can get my hands on an updated one over here in the US, but want to make sure I've looked at all the options.
    Thanks again!
    "Listening to Techno without bass is like trying to get yourself off without using your hands."
    My music blog: www.thevlyhouse.com

Take a look a t the ddm4000

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Vly View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Really interested in the Xone DX, but wondering if there are any other solid 4 channel MIDI controllers out there?
    I know the VSM4 comes out in July, curious to see how people respond to it. There's always the 4D, but that thing is huge (price as well) and just seems like too much to me.
    Any other recommendations?
    I'm probably going to go with the DX when I can get my hands on an updated one over here in the US, but want to make sure I've looked at all the options.
    Thanks again!
    For what the DX offers - I don't think there is anything else out there like it. Maybe the VSM4 will offer it competition - but A&H is a solid company. You also get the luxury of using Itch or mapping Traktor to it and I think its laid our great for both. Much better than anything else out, especially with an integrated soundcard.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Pioneer DJM700 or DJM800. Good units but no jog wheels

Check this: http://4midiloop.bassdas.ch/djvj_boo...ole/4midiloop/ subscribe to the newsletter and they'll keep you aware of any news.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

At Pioneer DJM remark:
    And they have their own MIDI standard, that works just awesome with the regular standards.... Oh wait a minute, it didn't.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm really digging that Xone DX the more I look at it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I've got the Xone 3D, which you can rig up to do 4 channels if you're clever about it. I think A&H has a tutorial up to make it work, actually.

The 3/4D is huge and expensive, but completely worth it, in my opinion. The DX looks pretty good too, and if I didn't already have and love my 3D, I'd consider it strongly.

Like Haze said, the VSM4 might be pretty awesome, but Allen and Heath is awesome for sure.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

I'm really into my DX. What are you expecting in an upgrade from A&H?

The price of the DX is a bit steep, but for the quality and sound card I feel it is worth it.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by pepehouse View Post
    Check this: http://4midiloop.bassdas.ch/djvj_boo...ole/4midiloop/ subscribe to the newsletter and they'll keep you aware of any news.
    Wow that looks amazing! Thanks for the link, definitely gonna check it out, definitely looks like a DX competitor.

Thanks for the other suggestions guys, however some of these mixers aren't the "all-in-one" functionality that I'm looking for (and that I find very appealing with the DX).

@pilmat: Not sure I understand your question on "expecting an upgrade from A&H". What you said: the sound card, build quality and overall reputation of A&H also make the DX really desirable.

I had actually won an Ebay auction on an updated (no tapping issue) one, but the guy decided to keep it.
    "Listening to Techno without bass is like trying to get yourself off without using your hands."
    My music blog: www.thevlyhouse.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast